Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm scared

Firstly, I'm a 27 yr male, noticing it appears most of the members here are women, I'm expecting you all to hate me right off the bat! But regardless, it's a sense of relief after all these years of feeling alone to see so many other survivors actively supporting others. So, I'm currently "testing the waters".

welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here but I hope you'll stay and grow to love this place as much as I do.

I understand your fears, yes majority of members are women....but please know that you are wanted and welcomed here. Many of us have going through discrimination because of our gender and the last thing we want to do is discriminate again.

No one should go through this alone, we are for you so please feel free to lean on us for support :)

Hugs,

Verena

Welcome, cervantes. Most of us are women, but if you look through the posts, there is another male here as well who actually had the same concerns. I can only speak for myself, but I do not hate all men. Not all men hurt people, and the same can be said for women.

Pain knows no gender. I am sorry you were hurt. We do support each other here, and you are welcome to join us.

Take gentle care.

~Kelly

Hi there! Welcome to After Silence! Like Vera said so well, you are very wanted and welcomed here. This is a very safe place to come for support. I have not come across a single person here that hates someone right off the bat, so don't be scared. We welcome anyone that is in need of support and a shoulder to lean on. You are not alone here. If you get looking around you will see that there are other guys that post here from time to time. Just take some time to look around and get comfortable. You will soon see that this is a wonderful, safe place to be. Take care of yourself.

Tracy:)

hi! Welcome to After Silence! I totally agree with everyone! Pain knows no bounderies. We are here for you. We want to support you. Please feel free to post. We are in this together! All the best! Hope you hear from you!

love clarissa

many of us are women but that doesn't change anything, i don't hate men automatically or anything. we're all supportive and caring here so you don't have to worry about that.

we'll offer support to anyone, male or female :) welcome!

Originally posted by cervantes

I'm expecting you all to hate me right off the bat!

Worry Not!! My Son is a Male - as are my brothers - and I love them alll dearly - I assure you - you are welcomed here with open arms.

If ever you catch me lumping all men in a bad light - call me on it - for I will owe you my deepest apologies..

(((((cervantes))))) if ok,

yes you are right, most of us here are women but i am with the rest of them, it makes no difference if you are male or female, the fact of the matter is that you have been hurt and need our help, understanding and compassion and we are going to give it to you...

i admit i am a bit wary of men, and have been most of my life, but it is different here, we all come here for help and support and i believe that everyone is genderless here, simply a hurt person, needing support, i hope i made sense...

welcome to after silence honey, i look forward to getting to know you...

much love,

ami N kidz xxx

Guest Madonna

cervantes

Please don't think we feel that way. We are all here to listen and support each other. Please continue posting so we can help with your healing :)

Madonna

I would just like to thank everyone who replied and made me feel welcome. I was sceptical at first if I would find similarities as there are few men here. But I was wrong. It's actually staggering to find out in fact how much in common I have w many of the members here. The idea of gender being an issue evaporates in the realization that we are not just male and female, we are survivors. At least for me anyway.

Thanks,

Tim