Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To Support Group

Hi Everyone - I came to After Silence to seek out some support and talk with other people that I could relate to. I recently just spoke out to my family about what happened to me. Although my family and some friends are very supportive, it feels very lonely because there is a lot that they don't understand, nor do I expect them to, so I came here to seek out additional support. I hope this was the right place to come! From what I have seen so far, it looks very supportive! :)

Hello Hope,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but this site is very supportive. You are right, sometimes others don't truly understand, but you will find the members understanding and kind. You have looked around and seen this for yourself. It's not an easy journey, but you took as step today, the first step of many. I wish you well on this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi hope4healing,

Welcome to After Silence

I am very sorry about your what happened to you that brought you here.

I am also very happy that your family is supportive.

Many people, unless they are survivors themselves, understand how it feels to be abused.

The members here are very friendly, and supportive, as we know how you feel.

This IS the RIGHT place to come for Support.

Take one day at a time.

You CAN and WILL heal and recover.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Hi Everyone - I came to After Silence to seek out some support and talk with other people that I could relate to. I recently just spoke out to my family about what happened to me. Although my family and some friends are very supportive, it feels very lonely because there is a lot that they don't understand, nor do I expect them to, so I came here to seek out additional support. I hope this was the right place to come! From what I have seen so far, it looks very supportive! :)

Hello hope :hi:

I hope AS can be a part of the support network you are developing to give you some of the kindness and compassion you deserve as you work through recovery from the things that brought you here!

I would like to welcome you on behalf of the Newbie Support Team (NST) and let you know that the NST is here to assist you. I hope you will feel free to pm (personal message) myself or any NST member if you have questions or need anything and we will do our best to help you!

With support,

Activist Ally

hello

i was 50 years old when i had major surgery. after the surgery i began to realize that all the things i thought didn't affect me had affected every part of my life.

i began to realize just how profoundly it did.

i accepted the fact that i have been suffering with depression all my life. i just thought it was part of my life then i realized just how many bad things happened to me. i always knew that these things happened but like i said i didn't realize how it troubled me.

im depressed most of the time.

i dont do well around people.

im uncomfortable around everyone.

i dont have any deep relationships.

i dont sleep well.

i have nightmares.

i i cringe when anyone gets close to me either physically or emotionally.

the only time i ever feel really at peace is when im totally alone.

i have been to several therapist and always leave therapy when we get to close to things.

almost all the therapists iv seen classify my abuse as "prolonged and severe".

it started before i can remember. the reason i know this is because one of my abusers told me what they did to be when i was just a small boy.

i always feel the need to tell some one all that happened to me but the words wont come.

sometimes i think that it might be easier to just accept what happened to me and all the consequences rather than confront the facts.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK

Sorry for all you have been through, I am also in the *older bracket* and abused for most of my life as well