Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

There Are Not Enough Words....

I dont even know if I am posting this in the right forum or not. I wish there was a way that I could post it on every forum so that all members of AS could read it. I started my journey to heal just a few weeks ago. My "T" is the one who directed me to this site. I must be honest and tell everyone that I didnt have great expectations of what a website could do to help in my recovery. But in such a short time I have come to gain trust in the site and the individuals on it. I have found comfort, caring and honest concern. I have made numerous friends and acquiantences. After communicating with so many individuals I am proud to say that my feeling of aloneness is fading (rapidly). The fact that someone can say "I understand" and you know that they truly do is amazing. I do not know how to put into words my gratitude for all of the survivors/members of this site. Each one of you is amazing. Your strength and courage is such an inspiration. Someone I have been communicating with rather extensively on this site sent me an email and wrote "I love you and I'm here for you as long as I have breath." Those words were the most beautiful, comforting words that anyone has ever said/written to me. The person who wrote that knows who they are and I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. No words can express how lucky, greatful and overwhelmed I am. Although I am working harder on my religious beliefs (I turned my back on them while in all of my pain) I do believe deep down that God brings people together in life for a reason. I thank God for bringing me here to AS. I thank God for all of those on this site. I thank God for those individuals who have trusted and opened their hearts to help me heal. Words cannot express what I feel inside. Again, thank you just doesnt seem like enough.

Thank you for writing this. I too have found so much comfort here and have moved on tremendously in my life - just finding people that understand what I am going through has helped me a lot; there are so many beautiful friends here that care so much.

Sending you loving, caring thoughts. Your words have helped me this evening.

Hugs to you. :flowers:

Atlantis

Is there a way to have this post so that it is seen by ALOT of people? I feel like this should be read because it is a true testimony of how much AS helps survivors. It is a true testimony to the individuals on this site who reach out, care and love others despite their own pain, hurt and anger. There are not enough words for how greatful I am but I just wanted to let everyone know it. If you have been deeply touched by someone on this site please post a reply and let them know how thankful you are. Sometimes those words go unspoken yet they are some of the most important words that need to be heard.

AS is amazing, I've literally healed more here than in all my years of therapy, and that is the power we give to one another that "outsiders" can't.

I find it so beautiful that I can talk and cry and learn so much from so many others in different countries and careers and lifestyles and ages. I learn just as much from older members as I do from comforting our teen members. No we can never replace that time but by being that strength that we needed as a teen to someone else then I feel almost like I'm righting that wrong and our older members give me the comfort and love that my own mom never did.

I to thank everyone here from the bottom of my heart, and I'm so glad to know that a therapist is using this powerful tool.

Blessings,

"D"

What a BEAUTIFUL post! :flowers:

Thank YOU for being a part of our family. I am glad AS has given you so much, I can certainly relate. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for this place :hug:

What a BEAUTIFUL post! :flowers:

Thank YOU for being a part of our family. I am glad AS has given you so much, I can certainly relate. I don't know where I would be if it weren't for this place :hug:

Nicole:

I know where I wouldnt be and that is on this healing journey with so many individuals by my side. I might be attempting it alone but that never got me very far in the past. So it is I that should say Thank you for having me as a part of your "family" on AS.

:hug:

• 2 years later...
Is there a way to have this post so that it is seen by ALOT of people? I feel like this should be read because it is a true testimony of how much AS helps survivors. It is a true testimony to the individuals on this site who reach out, care and love others despite their own pain, hurt and anger. There are not enough words for how greatful I am but I just wanted to let everyone know it. If you have been deeply touched by someone on this site please post a reply and let them know how thankful you are. Sometimes those words go unspoken yet they are some of the most important words that need to be heard.

There sure is a way that this can be seen by many. Your words have spoken to me, and I'm grateful for them. I've met many beautiful people here, and I have read many beautiful words. You're right, thank you doesn't seem to be enough, but at times, it's all someone needs to hear.

Edited by whimsical1
  • 1 year later...