Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm Dauphine. I'm new and glad to have found such a supportive network of people. My trauma is very recent, I can't tell my husband about it, or anyone yet, so I'm happy there are places like this where I can open up and talk with people in various stages of..recovery? I guess this would be called recovery. I hope there's nothing triggering or worrisome in my post, I only just got started so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong! It's nice to meet you all and I hope everyone is having a good day!

Hi Dauphine,

Welcome to After Silence

I am sorry to read about your trauma that brought you here, but I am very happy that you found us for support :clap:

I, and the other members fully understand how painful it can be not to be able to share this information with your husband or anyone else.

You will find the Staff and Members very friendly and Supportive :wub:

You post is fine, you have not done anything wrong.

The fact that you joined AS, is the start of your Recovery :)

After you have 10 posts, you may be interested in joining the Chat, where you can chat with other members in "RealTime" and ask any questions that you may have about Recovering and Healing, and what helped them recover and heal.

Chat Information

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showforum=38

I am looking forward to reading more about you in future posts

You are not alone here.

Sending you Support, you CAN and WILL Heal.

It is nice meeting you also, and YOU also have Good Day :)

I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Dauphine,

Welcome to AS. So sorry about the trauma that you have recently endured. You will find the members here supportive and understanding. I understand how difficult it is to discuss in the real world, but know you will be able to discuss whatever you are comfortable with here. Recovery is a good word, and so is healing. You have taken a big step in both of these areas by reaching out today. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Dauphine. I'm new and glad to have found such a supportive network of people. My trauma is very recent, I can't tell my husband about it, or anyone yet, so I'm happy there are places like this where I can open up and talk with people in various stages of..recovery? I guess this would be called recovery. I hope there's nothing triggering or worrisome in my post, I only just got started so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong! It's nice to meet you all and I hope everyone is having a good day!

Hello Dauphine and welcome to AS! (After Silence)

Your introductory post was fine and there is no problem with it! I'm so sorry to hear you experienced a recent trauma and it must feel very lonely to not be able to tell anyone about it yet. I hope you will find AS to be a safe place where you can talk with those who understand a little of what you've been through and the aftereffects of dealing with that.

Should you have any questions or concerns I hope you will free to send a message to myself or any other member of the Newbie Support Team as we are here to help you!

With much support for you,

Activist Ally