Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone...so I actually created my account about a week ago. I guess I thought I'd share a little bit about myself and see if maybe anybody else had some similar interests. I love music, I play piano and flute, they both really help me calm down. I like to play spotify and discover new artists everyday. I like to just do fun things and embrace my inner child. Laser tag, go karting video games - I figure, if I keep doing fun things, someday they'll be fun again :) Uh let's see...I really love people. I'm an extrovert by nature, and despite what happened, the biggest help is to just simply be around friends/family/others. I figure...if I keep living my life and going to therapy and doing fun things, eventually I'll start to actually feel as though I'm living instead of just existing. That's all I can really think of to share about myself at the moment, but like I said, I'm an extrovert at heart. Lately of course I've been more withdrawn than I ever have been in my life, but I'm still happy to say hello to anybody here on the forum, feel free to message me or anything like that :)

Hi greenfields02,

My name is Jan, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and know that you will find others to connect with to build a support system. I love your positive attitude, and yes, I think if you keep on engaging with those things you enjoy you will feel better much sooner.

If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible.

Take good care,

hi there i'm new here too. i like playing guitar...music helps keep me as sane as possible. i'm the opposite, and have always been an introvert. i'm always in my own head. haha. i love doing fun kid-like things to do too...i'm very much a kid at heart myself :)

i totally understand the whole wanting to feel like you're living again instead of just existing thing. ((hugs))

Greenfields,

Hello and Welcome. You have found a truly supportive site. I love your positive attitude. I love music as well, but I am introvert, but can honestly say that this site does give a voice to those of us who had one before. I look forward to seeing you around the boards and I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi Greenfields,

Welcome and it was nice to read your post; I like the way you are keeping your inner child alive by playing video games; I miss that. I hope soon to get back to that. Your post made me think about my hobbies I stopped and put away. I will get back to that. Looking forward to reading your journey in healing we are all here to help.

Edited by deval

Welcome! I liked reading your post. It's positive! Its been a while since I logged in due to school. Anyways! We are similar! I love video games (pc gamer here!). Nature.. I just love nature. It just shows how beautiful the world really is. Music.. I love music but I can't play an instrument!! Its so difficult :breakdance: I never done laser tag before but I would love to give that a try. Just like you, I try to do more living than existing! I am the type of person that gets bored with everything and thinks life is pointless, which is so negative (although I am trying my best to get rid of this concept out of my mind). Music, art, video games, friends, and nature has changed my life forever! I'm so glad that you were able to find this site! There are so many kind people here any they are all supportive! Best wishes on your healing journey! We are always here :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the support :)

Finally done with college for the semester. Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty sad about it lol; it was forcing me to be busy. I find that now that it's the summer, I have too much time to wallow :blush:

I'm trying to stay positive, and I'm trying not to lose the person I used to be. It's hard, and I'm in therapy now, so I'm trying.

Thank you everybody for the support :wave: