Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Around Here

Hey everyone. I just found out about this forum from my mom, and it seemed like it could be really helpful. I'm a survivor of an assault that happened in January this year in my own dorm building at college, and it's been difficult to deal with.

I just wanted to say hello before I explore more around here, and thank you everyone for welcoming me here. :)

Welcome to AS, Karian! I hope you find the help you need here.

Hi I'm new and just needed to know I could talk with others who have an understanding of how difficult it can get when you're trying to deal with abuse. I was sexually abused for many years as a child and the effects have recently caused me to breakdown in a major way as i try and face the reality of what happened to me. I'm struggling daily to do the simplest things but i know i need to hold on somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found

Hello and welcome to AS! :hi:
I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. You will find the best support here.

• 10 months later...

I hope you have been doing ok.

Thinking about you.

Found