Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hello,I am Jennifer and I am a rape survivor.I was raped 4 years ago by two men that were following me a lot.I remember I was about to leave my parent's house after visiting my father and suddenly one of the men that raped me was behind me grabbed me and dragged me on to front lawn.The other man unzipped,pulled my pants, panties off and raped me.The other man that grabed me from behind held me down and took his turn to rape me.I was yelling out help an they were laughing about thinking it was funny.I knew it was not funny at all.Luckily my father was in the house and heard me yelling out help.My father is a cop thank god.He found them, pointed his gun at them and arrested them both.My father did find me on the ground and asked if I was ok.I told him I was ok but traumatized.He also called my mother and told her that I was raped.My mother did get back and saw that I was traumatized.I did go to the hospital to get checked out and a rape kit was used on me.I was asked questions by police and the detective who were investigating my rape during their investigation.The two men that raped me went on trial for three counts of rape.I was their third victim and they raped 2 other women also and I had to testify.Luckily my cousin Danielle was their for me and told me I can do it in a positive way.The two men that raped me were found guilty and I had tears of joy coming out my eyes.I spoke out and told them that ruined my life.They were both sentenced to 25 years in prison.I did get profesional help from one of my Aunt Denise's friends that counsels women that were raped and it did help me a lot.

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry to hear what you've endured, but it sounds like your family is behind you 100% and that is wonderful! I hope you find this board comforting. The people here are truly wonderful. Welcome!

Kelly

I am healig up very well to this day.Right after the trial I wrote thank you letters to the prosecutorl,detective and the police who investigated my rape.I thanked my father for saving my life and he told me your welcome.My father and I are close since this happened.My family is behind me 100%

welcome jennifer :bighug:

~charlene~

Welcome to AS ... :hug:

Thanks.It was hard on me but I am getting over it day by day.I go to a support group once a week started by one my mother's friends.That has helped also.The two men that raped me had no remorse what they did to me at all and laughed when I spoke before sentencing.The judge told them to stop and rape is not funny at all.My mother and father talked me into taking a self defense class and I did that.

Welcome to AS Jennifer. :hug:

I am sorry for what you have had to endure but please know that we can all relate to you and you are not alone.

:hug::hug:

Welcome to AS, Jennifer. :) I am so glad your father was there to help you and that your family has been so great with all of this. I am also very glad that your rapists were convicted. You are to be commended for following that through.

Hugs,

Kelly

Once again thanks.My father cares about me 100%.He has done that since I was born.I called him my hero after I thanked him after he saved my life.I also speak to teenage girls in my area as a motional speaker telling what I went through and I get positive comments from them.They came up to me and told me that I am their role model.Their parents even come up to me and told me thank you for changing their lives.Rest of my family and friends have been 100% supportive also.

Hi Jennifer,welcome to AS,It was very brave of you to share your story with us. I see you have chosen a lovely picture of a dog as your avatar.I am nuts about dogs lol but dont have one.This is a very good place to be it is so friendly.I hope you soon feel at home here Button :)

Welcome to AS, Jennifer :hug::bighug: You're very brave for telling your story to teenage girls and to the people here. It will help them to realize that they're not alone in their suffering, and that even though it's a terrible thing, you gained a lot of strength and wisdom form it. I hope to see you around :)

Jewel :wub:

Thanks again.My younger brother Danny and a couple of his friends have been supportive also.I know his friends very well too.His friend Richard told me that I was not alone,he told me that his younger sister was raped by his mom's boyfriend a month before I was raped.