Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I Am New To The Support Group

Hello Everyone,

I am 29 years old. I was raped and lost my virginity when I was 26. Just 2 months prior to the rape incident, I moved to the area (where he raped me) to begin my PhD program. I was far from my family and friends and I was in the process of making new friends. I was a bit lonely during that time.

Not only did he rape me but he said racist, extremely vulgar, violent, and demeaning things. It was both a physical and mental assault. As he raped me he yelled "I hate you! You are so weak!"

Unfortunately, I was in a state of disbelief and could not communicate coherently, make sound decisions, or think clearly afterwards. I was also in excruciating physical pain due to two sexually transmitted diseases that he gave me. I did not report him. During that time, I just wanted to make the pain stop. I attempted suicide two weeks after the incident. After almost 3 years of therapy, 2 separate occassions of being committed in a mental health hospital, retreats, prayer, and dealing with illness, I finally admitted to myself that I was raped. If you are reading this and you were raped, I am extremely sorry that we live on a planet where living beings do such things to each other.

- S

Edited by Flowergarden

Hello to both of you! I am so very sorry for what happened to you and that you need to be here. I am glad you found this community! I came here in mid January after starting therapy several months ago and started dealing with my past (CSA and rape at 19 yrs old) after many years of not dealing with it. I have found this community to be very caring and supportive and a very important part of the healing journey. I hope you both find all the support you are deserve as you continue your healing!

Take gentle care!

maley

Hi there, I too am new and pretty nervous about this whole thing. Silly question but would someone be able to tell me how to enter the chat room, i seem to be going around in circles here :(

Thank you.

I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. This site has really helped me and still continues too when I fall back on hard times and bad memories. I hope you find the same healing power here. If you ever need a friend to talk to, I am always free. :hug::supportu:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

i hope you find this site to be helpful.

Very nice to meet you.

Found