Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Taking A Step

Thanks for letting me be part of your community. I am here at the advice of a brave and trusted friend who has chosen living over withdrawing. I am really only here because of that friend. So... Going through the motions for now, hoping something feels real again at some point. Thanks again.

Hello there, welcome to AS :)

Sounds like a good friend you have there :) I'm sure you'll be able to find some support / validation / a listening ear here, let me know if there's anything I can do to help you around the forums :)

All the best :flowers:

Hi there walkthismile :hi:

Welcome to AfterSilence!

I would really like to be the first to say that I think the username you have chosen is really powerful! It really speaks to me in many ways. As a signifier that you've been through 'a lot' (an understatement I know), as a comment that healing is a journey and you've taken the first steps towards that, and as a challenge to anyone out there who would look to judge you to first 'walk a mile' in the same footsteps you've trodden and then see how they feel... So thank you for sharing that powerful metaphor with us!

It sounds like your friend really has really been a big part of your life and an inspiration and a support. Sounds like a good friend! I'm really glad you have someone like that in your life.

As for things feeling real again...it takes time...but it happens. I promise.

For now, why don't you do what feels most comfortable for you here. Don't feel pressured to post before you're ready, but when you are ready, we'll be here to listen.

Take care. :flowers:

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

found