Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Not Sure Whether I Am Posting In The Right Place As Am Very New

Just a note to say hello and check that I am not doing things wrong here! I am 50 years old and live in the UK and am just trying to make sense of many things that happened many years ago. Some of which I already knew and never really dealt with properly and others that I blanked out and my mind, for whatever reason, has decided I am now to remember.

I hope everyone that has the unfortunate need to be here, finds their peace and healing

Welcome to AS lilacfairy!

I am also 50 years old and just like you, I blocked out things for decades only to have it all come flooding back a couple of years ago. This is a very supportive forum and there are many people who understand what you are going through. I hope you also find some peace an healing here.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone::bighug: if OK, sorry for the reason that brought you here

I am 68 and until recently blocked it all out from my childhood, only now remembering tiny bits, this dissociation

extended to my marriage as well. I am from the UK but now live in France for the past 25 years

Edited by reglois

Thank you so much Astro29 and Reglois for replying to me! It means such a lot to know there is someone out there who understands. I went to counselling today only to find she wasn't there. I really psyched myself up to at least attempt to speak about some of the things that are SO impossible to speak about. I cried all the way home and now feel like things are conspiring to actually ensure I keep silent. My logic tells me one thing but sadly, my logic doesn't always win.

I wish you healing, hope and happiness

I don;t actually want to remember! What is my mind playing at?? All I can do now is remember. so many details but yet I have just watched my 5 year old son's assembly and cried and clapped at the same time. I must be one of the most selfish women on earth.

hello lilacfairy,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any assistance with the board, please let me know

take care, Paula

Welcome to AS, lilacfairy. I am sorry you have a reason to be here and that memories are starting to surface that you just wish you stuff back away... I know how that goes. You are not alone!

I hope you find the peace and healing from your past that you deserve.

Hi lilacfairy - sorry your T was not there just when you psyched yourself up... I hope your T has a good excuse... otherwise I hope you find another good T - I can only advise stick with it - for me, therapy has only ever helped... marz

• 1 month later...