Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Any info out there?

Guest LouV

Could you point me to ANY precedent, article or research that shows that men who sexually assault adult females may present a danger to female children too?

I have a seven-year old daughter whose mother is in a relationship with an alcoholic who's been charged with sexually assaulting an adult female. I've applied to the courts to prevent any contact between my daughter and the alleged offender, but their position is that there is no proof that men who assault adult females present any danger to children.:?

Wow... what kind of crazy judicial system would prevent us from protecting our children?!?!? I have been looking, because I find this interesting that there is no research done on adult offenders molesting children also. But I can't imagine there is an increased risk if nothing else. Maybe contacting RAINN at www.rainn.org or 1-800-656-HOPE they can give you information. I will see what else I can find.... God bless and my prayers are with you and your daughter

(((LouV))) Welcome to After Silence. I have been doing some research and it seems to me that contacting RAINN would be your best bet as they have qualified and trained professionals who can best assist you in with the info you seek. I don't know what else to tell you. Lilea appears to have it covered there. Best :9 I believe. I have researched RAINN'S site and found it extremely informative however you may want to call them directly for what you need. I wish you the best and hope you find peace and what you're searching for.

Guest black opal

The book "Transforming Trauma" by Anna C. Salter cites a number of studies that have found that sex offenders are not limited to just one class of victims - either adult females, children in their own families, or children outside their families. On page 16, Salter mentions a 1991 study by Weinrott and Saylor that found 32% of their sample of incarcerated rapists of adults also admitted to child molestation, but only 16% of this sample had been arrested for child molestation. Twelve percent of their sample of incarcerated child molestors admitted to at least one attempted or completed rape of an adult victim, none of which was in their official records. Half of the known incest offenders had committed child abuse outside the home, none of which had been detected. Thirty-four percent of the extra-familial child molest offenders had also committed incest.

Salter mentions many studies in this book that demonstrate that sex offenders do not restrict themselves to just one type of victim.

That this boyfriend is an alcoholic should also raise red flags. Alcohol releases inhibitions and decreases judgement concerning in sexual matters, increasing the risk to the child.

I can't believe the court takes such a cavalier attitude. Is there a children's advocacy group in your area that could help you with this? Social Services may also be some help. I hope this information helps you protect your child.