Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

feeligs

Guest carty

welcome to "After Silence", I'm glad you have found your way here.

I don't know your story but no matter what course of action you took, it was NOT your fault. It does not matter if you were drunk or trusted the wrong friend or were abused by a family member or significant other. You did not deserve what happened to you and it was not your fault.

We are all trying to heal and carry on with our lifes and I think that accepting the fact that it was NOT our fault is a huge step in the right direction.

Feel free to post anytime, we are here for you.

(((Hugs)))

Verena

Guest sleepysmile

Carty,

every day you survive is a battle won. Talk through it if you like, we're here to listen. I'm glad you have found us. Healing is difficult, continuous, and sometimes scary but I hope you will be comforted by knowing we are here.

Best wishes

love,

Stacia

It is so hard sometimes to get past the thought that maybe "its my fault", but you must keep telling yourself that It is NOT your fault, do not accept the lie that it was your fault, because it is a lie. None of us asked to be hurt and we all must realize that the only people to blame are the ones who hurt us.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Safe,

San

Carty,

Welcome to After Silence. I am glad you've found your way here and do hope you find all the support and encouragement you are seeking here.

Echoing the rest, it is sometimes easier to take the blame upon ourselves. We do not ask to be hurt in this way, and sometimes it's hard to accept that something so painful could ever happen to us. Hang in there honey and please stop blaming yourself.

Take gentle care,

Lindy