Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New And Ready To Scream My Dark Secret

danni77

Hello everyone,

I am new and i'm glad I found this site because I want to finally start my journey to open up and overcome what happen and finding peace with it. For so many years I blocked it out and pretended it didn't happen, but the last couple years I've been dying to scream my voice out about what happen but the reality is that nothing comes out, not one word, not one sound. Just the thought of dealing with this has cause me to have panic attacks, but it has been eating me up inside. I know this journey is going to be scary and not easy at times but I'm ready to start taking my first steps.

Hi ..Nice to meet u ..Sorry u went through that , This is such a supportive forum ...I blocked stuff out too for long but lately been trying to really open up and it is a bit freeing ..Take ur time ..Please take care of urself

Welcome Danni, i hope you get support you need here. It is scary dealing with this and yes panic attacks can come. Dealt with a few of those before getting to my issues. Those are horrible. Good luck with them easing. If not sure what to say saying you aren't sure what to say is a start before you can ease into what feels okay. People will listen. You sound ready and a bit uncertain. Is okay for now that uncertain feeling. This is new and though the right direction one that you have been anticipating for a long time. Welcome to the journey.

be gentle with you there

Rain

Welcome Danni.

Everything starts with that first step, and you have taken it. It's not easy, I know, but this community is very supportive of one another. I'm sorry for the reason why you are here, but you will find you are not alone.

Mary

Welcome Danni

Please feel safe here. I had a bad experience on another online site, so I was really afraid to let my guard down again...but I took a chance and did it. There are very supportive women on here, and I even met one in particular who has given me hope and encouragement every single day.

Feel free to "shout" here..I've "shouted"...I've cried, I've marveled at the courage and strength of these survivors.

I even feel like I have a little more hope...

Hello everyone,

I am new and i'm glad I found this site because I want to finally start my journey to open up and overcome what happen and finding peace with it. For so many years I blocked it out and pretended it didn't happen, but the last couple years I've been dying to scream my voice out about what happen but the reality is that nothing comes out, not one word, not one sound. Just the thought of dealing with this has cause me to have panic attacks, but it has been eating me up inside. I know this journey is going to be scary and not easy at times but I'm ready to start taking my first steps.

Hello Danni, :hi:

I am sorry you need this site but I'm glad you found us and I want to welcome you to AS (After Silence)!!!

You've already taken a giant step on the road to healing by having the courage to come here and introduce yourself and I congratulate you on your bravery!!! It is a very scary thing to do isn't it?

We here, the members of AS, are gathered together and ready to walk beside you through the highs and the lows of your healing journey, and also to sit with you in the times when you need to rest from the hard work of traveling the road of recovery. Please know that there is no set pace, no time table, that we are with you as long as it takes so feel no pressure to do or say more than you feel comfortable doing.

Strength to you,

Activist Ally

Edited by ActivistAlly