Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

This Whole Thing Was My Fault

No, Sara...not your fault. Please, don't ever think that. Nothing you could have ever done or said would make this your fault. It is normal to second guess yourself, I think everyone here has. But there is nothing ever that would make it alright for someone to do this to you. NEVER.

I don't pretend that I can advise you what to do. I'm new here and have been hiding my secret for over 30 years. There are a lot of good people here for you, though, and we are willing to listen.

Whatever you decide to do, just please be safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

I'm so sorry Sara. It seems to me that no matter if it was a stranger rape, husband rape, violent, or not, a common theme among victims is we all feels it's our fault. Take as much of the support from the hospital as you can. We are all here to help and listen.

I am soooo sorry for what you experienced, but none of it was your fault! There is nothing you could have done that would make this your fault... its your attacker's. You are not alone. We support you.

So sorry this happened to you. Please try to use the energy that you are currently using in self blame, to heal. The more you blame yourself, the more its as if you are still being attacked. And this was an attack- about power and control, not about sex. So please dont feel ashamed. Whoever did this is a criminal and I hope the criminal justice system is dealing with them. We are all here for you.

Oh wow Sara, this is really bad to have happened TO you. I am sorry for what you were put through. Many of us wonder why something like this could happen unless we did something to deserve this. I can not think of anyone who deserves what you went through and never have and I can not think of anyone who would not be put in jail for doing that. Conclusion: not your fault. You feeling that way is pretty normal for now, though it really hurts like all heck. Please be gentle with you there and know you will know that it was not you and this should never have happened.

Be gentle with you there

Rain

i was raped only a weekish ago and i was beaten, whipped, drugged, and im currently in the hospital.

i feel like its my fault

idk what to do

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear that you were hurt so badly not long ago. Those were crimes committed against you and it was not your fault. You were not to blame for anyone treating you so cruelly. :(

I'm sorry you went through that, but I'm glad you found our website AS (After Silence) and that you had the courage to introduce yourself here. Remember, no matter what wicked things those criminals did to hurt you that you are still a worthwhile and valuable person. Your friends here at AS will be with you every step of the way on the road to healing.

All strength and courage to you,

Activist Ally

idk what to do

you have done step one... reach out. Good job!