Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I know this sounds odd, but I am a male rape survivor. I have gone to several chats, sites, etc. and was turned away, laughed at, called a liar, and worse. I simply want to talk with others that have had the same tradgedy inflicted on them.

I cry.

I bleed.

I know what it is to be afraid.

hi and WELCOME TO AS!! i'm so sorry to hear you've had negative experience with other sites but I assure you that you are WELCOME here! i have found nothing but positive encouragement, support, and understanding from AS. I am glad you made your way here and we are here to support you in your journey to heal. *safe hugs*

hi and WELCOME TO AS!! i'm so sorry to hear you've had negative experience with other sites but I assure you that you are WELCOME here! i have found nothing but positive encouragement, support, and understanding from AS. I am glad you made your way here and we are here to support you in your journey to heal. *safe hugs*

Thanks. I tried using the live chat but it doesn't seem to work.

Hi welcome. I hope you settle in ok. It is a safe place to talk... and a safe place to laugh as well.

chat - you need to make 10 posts before you can access the chat system

Edited by foxy

(((((Formula_PJ)))))

hey sweetie, welcome to as, we're all here for you.

:bighug:

I'm very sorry that you were treated like that. I assure you that you will not be treated like that here, everyone is very understanding and supportive here. I hope you can find what you need sweetie.

we are here if you need to talk. :hug:

for the live chat you have to have 11 posts to get in.

Hi PJ, welcome to After Silence. This is a wonderful, safe online haven where I can assure you will not be treated in such manner. I'm deeply sorry you've encountered such a horrible experience.

Make yourself right at home and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any member of our moderating staff.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

Hey PJ,

I am very sorry that you have been treated in such a shabby manner from previous places you have resided at. :console: Please keep with you that we will never treat you like that, that you are surrounded by many that understand your pain, and that we are here for you.

Welcome to AS. :bighug:

Donna =)

welcome to AS. i'm so sorry that you have need of this place but i'm thrilled for you that you've found your way here. it is a wonderfully safe place with fantastic and supportive people. again welcome.

Hi PJ,

I guess I never saw this post. So, let me formally welcome you too. :hi:

We are all glad to have you here. There are other men that are members here as well. I hope you feel at home, as you should. :hug::hug:

Becky

Hey Formula P.J.

I too am a guy survivor and I know what you mean about some other sites and feeling welcome.

Let me assure you that in the time I have been on here I haven't felt that here. The people here are inclusive and wish healing for all, people of either gender. take care and be gentle with yourself as you heal...feel free to message me if you want to talk...

kevin

PJ,

I am so deeply sorry that others would treat you with such misconduct and judgements. AS is a safe community and a very accepting community for both female AND male survivors in fact we have many male survivors who are comfortable here and perhaps that will make you feel a bit more comfortable to reach out and get the help that you deserve and need right now. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us. My heart goes out to you sweetie...you're healing just the same as we are.

Love, Haullie

PJ,

It's not odd. Unforunately it is far more common then you would think. My point is you are not alone and there are people here that understand. We are here for you. Welcome to AS! :hi:

Thank you all so much!!!! The few people I have spoken with here all reflect the same things you are all saying. It's nice to not be laughed at/called a liar/told to suck it up and deal/etc.

Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly.

Hi PJ,

I just wanted to add a welcome too! I'm glad AS has been a more positive place for you so far, and I hope (and am quite sure!) that it will continue to be. I'm glad you found us.

Meg

i am completely pissed that other survivor sites did that to you. here at AS we love and accept everyone with open arms. in fact we love when we get male survivors, so few want to actually talk about, for the same reasons that people said to you. but we definatly are glad to have you. hope you stick around and participate often.

God bless,

kristine

Hey PJ,

We've chatted a bit but I wanted to reply to your post here. I am so grateful that you have chosen to come to the room and give a voice to the male survivors who are too scared or to ashamed to speak. As a female survivor, I need males to come forward and show me that I'm not alone, that abuse knows no gender, it knows no age and it knows no love. Thank you for being brave in coming here. I look forward to speaking with you more.

~Ellie Mae