Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

Guest searchforlight

Guest searchforlight

Hi there

Oh boy am I glad I have found my way here! I had a little difficulty finding a survivors board-not sure if I was looking in the wrong place or what-but I'm very happy I am here now.

Well lets see I'll start with my name, Michelle, I'm 28 I am a mother to two boys nearly 2 and nearly 5, they are the light and loves of my life they have taught me many things, faith, joy, beauty, and of course PATIENCE-being the little firecrackers that they are anyway they are my life and I adore them. I am also a student 2nd yr BA/psy major.My interests are, spirituality, reading and more reading, crosstitch,embriodory,leadlighting,ceramics,egg art and pyrography-not that I'm particuarly good at any of them but I enjoy them and they are quite carthartic for me.

Now for the other stuff, I'm an adult survivor of physical,sexual,emotional abuse and neglect from both my mother and father. I have done alot of work towards healing this began at 18, lots of reading, counselling and some more counselling and innerchild workshops. I thought I was over all of it and its recently come back to bite me in the bum so obviously I believe there is something more I need to learn or heal.

So with that being said I will soon make my way to the other boards but first I will read the other posts here so I can get to know you all, I hope to meet and make new friends here and to be a friend as well. I am thankful for a place like this but at the same time I find it ironic that the best support, kindness, and friendship can come from strangers perhaps to understand and talk about these issue's you must first go through them? I dont know but thanks again for listening.

Welcome :greet:

There is plenty of support here. I am also interested in spirituality. Does it ever end is a good question for the poll. I can assure you that it gets better but it's an upward spiral.

I'll be seeing you around the board... :hug:

I hope that this place can help in your healing journey .. :hug:

hi and welcome to the boards :greet:

:throb::hug::throb:

Guest searchforlight

Hello again

Thankyou all for the warm and receptive welcome!

I hope to get to know you all a little better!

Have a nice day!

Michelle