Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Member & My Story

Hello, my name is Tiffany and I am 19 years old. A little over a month after I turned 16, my ex-boyfriend showed up at my house and held me down and raped me. After that, I became a serious alcoholic until I realized I missed my period and that I was pregnant. I have an almost 3 year old little boy and I have to see my rapist every week and spend 4 hours with him because he's taking me to court for custody of my child. Because I never filed a report, there's nothing I can do to protect us from him. I have never been able to get over what he did to me and how he hurt me and now he's trying to take my son away from me. I feel like I'm falling apart and I do not know how to handle it and I can't keep the silence anymore. I've never been able to tell anyone, but that needs to change now.

Hello Tiffany

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I am so sorry for what you've been going through but I am glad to see you are breaking your silence. If you need any help with the board, please let me know and I will do my best to help if I can

take care, Paula

Tiffany, When you keep something a secret, it festers in the cover of darkness that secrecy provides. You have to remember that sunlight is a disinfectant! Tell your story to someone you trust and feel totally safe with. Have you tried talking to a therapist who specializes in trauma or sexual violence? You sound lost and hopeless. You need someone to guide you through this - hold your hand, help you to heal, help you decide how to handle this horrible situation. Get help!!

I can't get outside help because he could go for my medical records and try to say I'm unstable or depressed and incompetent and I can't raise my son. I can't do anything that would make it any easier for him to take him from me.

• 1 month later...

Hi there.
Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found