Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

I've never posted in a support group before, and I'm a bit anxious. I'm here because I've been feeling so alone. Not just recently, but my whole life. Whilst everything might look all rosey to the outside observer, it really isn't, and I haven't ever been able to let anyone in to know any different. Despite the loneliness, I also never really had the desire to let anyone in - because that's frightening stuff... But about a year ago that changed, and I now feel the need and desire to connect with others and life in general. To move from surviving mode, to actually living and enjoying life. That's the goal. And at times it does really feel like a possiblity, which is definately progress. I've talked to a counsellor, and been part of a short term therapy group, which was wonderful. And I'm hoping to be a part of this community also, and connect here. Being understood and understanding others is a magical thing.

So, hello everyone, I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the forum :)

hi Kate

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay. if you need any help, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

Hello Kate. Welcome. Sorry you need to be here but very glad you found us. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hello Kate254011, welcome to this group. It will make you realize you are not alone.

It is normal to feel anxious when you access a support group for the first time. It is also normal to want to connect with others who understand and are supportive.

I am glad you had the experience of a good group and counseling. This is also a good group.

You certainly deserve to live life. Don't forget to do the things you like and give meaning to your life.

Welcome again. :hi:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...