Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a muffin at Dunkin Donuts. And I pretended to read on the bus to avoid talking to people. Just needed some space...

Copper, you are nicer than me. The only people who chat up strangers on the bus here are drunks...and I'll tell a drunk to his face in front of the whole bus that I'm not on transit for the convo.

It's a dang bus not match.com, dude better not tell me how pretty I look, no way.

I got a muffin at Dunkin Donuts. And I pretended to read on the bus to avoid talking to people. Just needed some space...

Copper, you are nicer than me. The only people who chat up strangers on the bus here are drunks...and I'll tell a drunk to his face in front of the whole bus that I'm not on transit for the convo.

It's a dang bus not match.com, dude better not tell me how pretty I look, no way.

Oh, I can tell off random jerks with the best of 'em. Trouble is that this particular bus at that particular time is full of my day program people. We all know each other...it's kind of like a school bus mentality. And I just did not want to play just then! So the book was more to keep "friends" at bay than anything else.

I put on my headset and sank into a good game for several hours. My whole world was the screen. It felt good to not have to cope with reality for a bit.

I knew that if *I* had to sit in Aqua's waiting room I'd fuss and fidget myself to pieces. So when one of my younger Insiders asked to ride the bus, I agreed and offered to let him take care of the body in the waiting room too.

Two birds, one stone. Racer was happy as could be, and I was able to stay far, far Inside 'till T time.

(Yesterday...once again it's far too early to have done more than consume caffeine!)

So yesterday I went to this huge event full of pretty, shiny things...and I bought three items that were nowhere on my "Need" list: A massive mug and two little wall art plaques.

I ate junk food left over from an activity at work...1% nutritious, but not the kind of thing I can easily ignore.

The reason this is something I did 'for' myself and not TO myself...

-I planned ahead and chose a junk food I knew I could handle

-I ate a small portion while also preparing a real meal, so that I would not be eating out of hunger/being too lazy to cook something decent

Was a lazy butt at work just to let my belly recover. Fortunately, the kids were down for sedentary activities, they are getting over a cold of their own so it was an all-way-win to just be bumps on a log all day.

I justified spending nap time in front of my computer by regaling my boss with stories of the activity plans I was googling. Oh yeah coz I am just that amazing.