Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Giving This A Try

I guess, this is an introduction of sorts. I've been battling the backlash of the past and feel like it's time to actually reach out to anyone who can understand these feelings.

I have no idea where to even begin anymore. There are weeks, months even that I feel fine and that I've overcome and all is well. Suddenly, I feel as though I'm back at square one.

Here's to hoping I find some clarity.

Welcome to After Silence (AS) lovely. I'm glad you have taken the step to reach out - to express your feelings and seek understanding.

I think you'll find that many survivors share your experience of feeling you've overcome the traumas of your past some days and other days feeling that your past is overwhelming you. For me, the fact that sometimes the darkness closes in does not change the fact that more often the brilliant sun shines. I know that sometimes it "feels" like we are back at square one - but that is not true. Nothing can take away the value of the days when we break free!

I am a member of the Newbie Support team and so I just wanted to let you know that if you have any questions I would be glad to try to help with anything you may need. Also, if you just need to talk my PM is always open (PM is the message system at AS) :coffeedrinker:

I'm glad you found us, but I'm sorry you have a reason to need to be here. I hope AS can help you find some of the clarity you seek, and that you find it a kind, safe, and supportive haven. You're not alone. :flowers:

With support,

Activist Ally

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...