Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings, A Newbie Here

I am new to this board and found it after another message board for survivors I belonged to seemingly just dissappeared. Whatever brought me here, I am glad to be here. I can remember the relief I felt when I realized that there were so many other people feeling what I am feeling and going through the same things. I look forward to networking with everyone here and being able to help and be helped.

I was raped about 5 1/2 years ago, although I have blocked the date out. I am trying to reconstruct a lot of the details as part of my healing. I was at a party with friends, and I was 18 years old he was 39 at the time. It was a man I knew who raped me, and someone I have now learned is a sexual predator, he did it to at least one other woman I know in a seemingly sick methodical manner. None of us ever filed a report, none of us admitted what had happened. He is still out there, somewhere, and I bet he is still doing this to young women.

The same year, earlier, I believe I was also raped by a man that I had just started dating. I never considered it rape, but after examining my feelings about the more obvious (to me) later attack, I realized that this first incident also fit the description of date/ acquaintance rape. I have not really acknoledged that one as much, possibly because I went on to have a decent (not really) relationship with the man. But for whatever reasons I am here to heal from all of my attacks.

I am married and have been for over 2 years, the events surrounding my wedding triggered the feelings I am only now expiriencing and allowing myself to feel stemming from the rapes, and other abuse. So I am having a rough time being married and I have been ever since the wedding. The last two yeare have been difficult. I have been diagnosed with PTSD and clinical depression, but I feel I am getting them under control. Talking to other survivors has been the best resource for my healing that I have found.

(((((Diamond)))))

Welcome to AS sweetie. :hug:

I am so sorry that you need to be here but i am glad that you found this group, please keep posting and know that we are here for you always..

(((Safe Hugs)))

Donna =)

heylo and welcome to the boards :greet:

hope you find it a great help on your way to healing :throb:

:hug: Welcome to AS, I hope that being here will help on your healing journey .. :hug: