Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

What Did You Do For You Today?

In my time on the survivor message forums, ie I've been on since 1999, there are so many survivors who've said, "I just wish I had that time back." Well we know that we can't turn back time. However we can reclaim some of that time when things seem to get rough. So, in this post, tell us what you like to do or are going to do when you want to reclaim your time. In others, this is the "DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF," post. This can include anything btw, painting, going for a walk, reading, bike riding, camping, hiking, swimming, absolutely anything, the sky is the limit.

In addition, what you post here might give others an idea of something to try when they are feeling low, including myself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall start my own post.

I shall reclaim my time today by attempting to work on my current painting after completing my schoolwork.

I slept an extra 30 minutes and I took my time in the shower :) ... and today I am going to look for a bike for myself. I want to get fit and look after myself from now own instead of ignoring my body like it is an inconvenience :lol:

Saz x

i spent an hour in a bubble bath this morning :)

~charlene~

I'm posting on this forum. In fact, I'm off of work today and I will sit at the computer and let the hours tick by on this forum. I'm really loving this place, thanks everyone.

Guest Little Miss Happy

I am having a 'me' day.

I slept in, then had a long soak in the bath and am now tydying my room, before maybe going to visit dad.... its a day of leisure for me :)

Dawn :wub:

I am going to have a lovely shower. Then I'm going to make a tasty lunch, not worrying about the fat content :) Then I'm going to watch a DVD ... then go for a nice walk. And generally do whatever I want to do ... I'm not going to do anything I have to :)

Saz x

going shopping so i can spend my wages on what i want to buy, not what i have to buy :)

~charlene~

humm, I think I shall do some writing, its been too long since I did some and I feel the need ... Even though there are other jobs I could be doing, the ironing springs to mind ... :P

I am going to stay up all night until I have to go to work tomorrow and post here for a while, surf online for a while, and then play The Sims until the sun comes up. Sounds like a splendid time to me!

(I have Chronic Insomnia, I think...or something. I sleep a day away and I'm up for two more.)

I dunno, going to work right now is really fun for me. I know it's not really 'me' time but it's a lot of fun. I had a great time and I joked around with a bunch of people. I'm meeting a lot of new people and making a lot of friends. After work I got online and I'm playing with my cat. She's adorable. And I spent a little bit of time on the phone. I've had a great day and I can't wait until tomorrow because I'm flying solo, though I am a little bit nervous. But I can't wait. :)

Today:

I worked on learning some songs because I want to be in the pit orchestra for an upcoming production of "Hair."

I learned a song that I may or may not perform. I'm sitting in the backup band for a musician friend & she has a tendency to call me out of the blue to do a song. So just in case.......I won't be caught off guard this time.

I made amends with somebody I treated very badly & we got a lot of things out on the table instead of letting them build a barrier between us.

I decided to go back into therapy to deal w/some lingering grief issues regarding my dad's death.

As I look at this list, I realize my day wasn't as crappy as I'd thought. :)

peace,

~abbey

I did some drawing .. and now I am going to get an early night :dance: 1st in aaaaaaaages. Yes ... its 1.30 am here but that's great for me :)

I need sleeeep. And I went to a funfair today too :)

Saz x

P.S. TOMORROW --> I'm going to tidy my room up a little and set up my new printer/scanner and show you some of the drawings I did for the 1st time in the creativity forum.

Today, Shelly and I went out swimming, had dinner and saw the Dukes of Hazzard.

Oh, I've been doing lots of yummy things for myself recently. My therapist is on holiday, and so I decided to give myself a break from all things therapy related.

So, I've had my hair cut, I've been holiday shopping and spent a fortune (new jeans, skirts, tops tankini, underwear, flip flops, and a wicked pair of fly-eye Ray Bans), and today I'm getting a massage :)

I've also been good to myself by practicing my yoga regularly, cutting out bad sugars & eating more fruit.

Best of all though - on Saturday Kate and I are off for ten days camping in France! Whee! :dance:

:hug: Ruthie

Attended the NY Giants NFL training camp with Shelly.

soaked in a loooong bubble bath(we got more bubbles) after we gotthe restraining order on my dad. I must've been in there for like an hour but it was awesome...I needed to relax. And I have tomorrow and Friday off work! YAY! going to sleep, sleep, more sleep, and read a book I got a week ago and haven't been able to read it.