Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everybody

Hello Mike76

welcome to After Silence

my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around okay, if you need any help with anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

"I could not stop talking because now I had started my story, it wanted to
be finished. We cannot choose where to start and stop. Our stories are
the tellers of us."

After 45 years I'm ready to reveal all but the world is not interested. How can they believe that I took so long to tell? Maybe I read it somewhere. Maybe I dreamed it. To me it is so real and all brought to life again. I'm glad I found this site so I can vent to people who has been through something similar.

:notalone::aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

I am recovering memories from 60 years ago !! and all during my hellish marriage I didn't tell

bar once and got such a negative reply from a *professional* that was supposed to help that I

never told again. Just because we never told doesn't make it untrue. You will find understanding

and support here. :hug: if OK :flowers: from me to you Gnome

:notalone::aswelcomesu::youcanheal:

I am recovering memories from 60 years ago !! and all during my hellish marriage I didn't tell

bar once and got such a negative reply from a *professional* that was supposed to help that I

never told again. Just because we never told doesn't make it untrue. You will find understanding

and support here. :hug: if OK :flowers: from me to you Gnome

Thanks. I got another message from you about triggering. I'm very new at this so not sure where or what I did wrong.

Hello Mike76

welcome to After Silence

my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here, I hope you are finding your way around okay, if you need any help with anything, please let me know and I will do my best to help

take care, Paula

Hi Paula. I'm new too and have a question please. I know there's different forums for different things. Which one would I use if I wanted to talk about how abuse is affecting my life today?

Hi CookingGnome,

Welcome to AS!

It took me 43 years to start talking when buried memories started coming back. You aren't alone waiting all that time. I spent a lot of time reading here and asking a lot of questions. There are a lot of good people here.

Thanks for my welcome. Feel I'm at the right place where i can talk to people who know what I'm talking about. I spoke to my husband this morning and told him how things he does triggers memories of my abuse and he said but I did f*all about it. Interesting hey? I ask myself that often. Why I didn't do something before now.