Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Tab

I am new here. Still trying to figure out how this works. My abuser was just found not guilty five days ago. He is being released from jail this morning. I am in shock. I am wondering if going through the trial was worth it. Well anyway I found this site and am hoping it will help. Thanks

Hello to both of you, 'Tab' and 'Mymentalhealth'... I hope you find the support you are looking for. I am new to this site, too, but I think it is very good, and I am happy that I have. I can not imagine what you are feeling, 'Tab', but hang in there. Fighting for yourself is never the wrong decision, so even though that went horribly, you didn't do horribly. I hope you can hang in here, and feel more supported than you experienced, legally.

Sending you positive thoughts and support.

Hello Tab,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for your abuse and for the not guilty verdict. It did take courage to stand up to him like that. I know it doesn't feel like a victory, but know you did everything you could.

Take your time and look around the site. You will get the feel for it in no time. The members here are very supportive and we all walk this healing journey with you.

Mary

:supportu:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) from the NST (Newbie Support Team). We're here to help if you need anything so
please feel free to message me if you have questions okay?

With support,

Activist Ally