Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I've been recovering from sexual abuse by my big brother for less than 2 years now. I have depression and anxiety and my life couldn't be more complicated. I just want to say hi. I've never had anyone to talk to who could really understand my complicated situation. I still live with my brother along with my parents and my two other brothers, I'm working on forgiving him.

Welcome Fatasygirl,

I'm sorry for the abuse you've been thru, but I am glad you have found AS. You will find this to be a very supportive site and many people will understand complicated. We are all doing are best to find a way to heal, but you are no longer alone, which is an important step. I wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello there Fantasygirl,

I'm sorry you had this happen to you. I think you will find this place to be a safe way to share with others who are on the same journey as you are -- as you are able, as you heal.

Safe hugs!

Hi Fantasygirl8188,

Welcome to After Silence :aswelcomesu:

I am very sorry to read that you were sexually abused by your brother.

It must be very difficult to still be living with him.

I want to thank you for reaching out for support here at AS.

You are not alone, and we are a very friendly, understanding and supportive group.

We have all experienced CSA or SA, and we understand how you feel.

With time, you will overcome your pain.

Please feel free to post any messages that you have any questions about that we may be able to assist you with.

You CAN and WILL Heal and Recover..

Sending you Support :notalone::supportu::bighug: If OK.

Hi aloneallthetime,

Welcome to After Silence. :aswelcomesu:

Hopefully, we can get you to change your username, so that you ARE NOT “Aloneallthetime.

I am sorry that you were sexually molested and raped on 2 different occasions in your young life by

people that you trusted as friends and they took advantage of you..

It’s not uncommon to suffer flashbacks and depression from past abuse.

I want to thank you for reaching out for support here at AS. :clap:

You are not alone, and we are a very friendly, understanding and supportive group

We have all experienced CSA or SA, and we understand how you feel.

With time, you will overcome your pain.

Please feel free to post any messages that you have any questions about that we may be able to assist you with.

I am glad that you are also seeking Professional help with your issues.

Remember, It WAS NOT your fault. :wub:

You CAN and WILL Heal and Recover. :notalone::supportu::bighug: If OK

Welcome to AS. I'm still pretty new here as well and I am finding this forum very therapeutic. I hope you can find some peace and heal.

My older brother also abused me. I honestly don't know what advice to give about forgiveness, because I am still struggling and it's been about 7 years since it ended. However, my brother doesn't live with my family or I any more and it took me years to come forward to my mom about what was happening. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here and I've been "exactly" where you are right now and I want you to know you're not alone.

I've been recovering from sexual abuse by my big brother for less than 2 years now. I have depression and anxiety and my life couldn't be more complicated. I just want to say hi. I've never had anyone to talk to who could really understand my complicated situation. I still live with my brother along with my parents and my two other brothers, I'm working on forgiving him.

I'm sorry that you went through that crime and that you are suffering the aftereffects of depression and anxiety. Hello to you and welcome to AS (After Silence).

I can understand that not having anyone to talk to and understand must have felt so alone and isolating :(

We here at AS support you and I hope you'll find kind and generous people here who will stand with you every step of the way on your road to healing.

Activist Ally