Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Need More Support?

Guest sweet_annie14

Guest sweet_annie14

Please, Come in. Sit for awhile. You are in the company of friends. When this club was started it was for "r a p e" victims to have a place to come but it has evolved into a place where everyone who is effected by sexual crimes or crimes in general that effects the heart and soul can come to heal. Some of you are spouses of victims. Some of you are former spouses of victims. The one thing we all have in common is that we are all here trying to survive in this cruel and imperfect world that we live in.

The day that I look forward to is the day when the only reason why we come to this club is because we are friends. A day when our children will only read in their history books about what used to be done to women. A day when we can rename the club A Place for Friends!

Love & Freindship

Heather

aplacetoheal-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Guest queenie

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

This is really starting to aggravate the F*cking Sh*t out of me.

This is a complete violation of our privacy and healing. This makes me sick to my stomach that people are out there spamming boards such as this to advertise for their group. This is unbelievable. I hope you stop and realize that you are doing more harm then good.

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

(Annie)

If you would have spent the same time reading the threads as spamming the board, you would have seen how many people are already offended by your unsolicited e-mails. I hope you are beginning to realize these methods are no way to increase your group's membership. These solicitations are unwanted and unappreciated.

Skip

To those interested, here is the link to file a complaint with Yahoo! Groups.

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse

Edited by Skip

LOL!! This one is funnier than the other ones I find... not only cause it was copy and pasted 17 times but it just sounds so insinscere and such a huge croc 'o sh*t to start! LOL to morons!!! CHEERS :chin:

After posting this I found I misspelled insinscere... still doesn't look right... So... again... LOL to morons!!! :chin:

Edited by cervantes

Anne,

Wow. This really pisses me off.

Let alone that you come and spam our boards, and my SAFE HAVEN, but that you think that people will...join something when you've spammed the same damn message 17 times. I don't know what to say, I'm so upset. *sighs* I'm literally sitting here shaking...Like I said before, this really upsets me.

I hope you realize that your soliciations are unwatned and unwelcome here. I already have my suport comunity on *this* board. I don't intend to join another.

Alex

I have a sh*t house day at college and have to come home to this sh*t?

Annie? Grow up sweetheart, and realise you are doing nothing but making

yourself look bad to others...No one is going to your site while you continue

to hound them like this

If you were smarter you'd realise that a good way to attract members is to get your board placed on the popular search engines.

Not spamming other healing boards

Holy.

Screw offffff.... :P

i wasn't too annoyed until i saw that you had posted the same sh*t in all the forums!

you need to be :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer: on the head several times! :ranting:

this is a place of healing, a sancutary and you are violating that! :ranting:

:protest: you need to take you're sh*t and f*ck off! :protest:

Guest sweet_annie14

Wow!! There are some very angry people here!! Well, just let me respond to all of you.... First, I did read the rules and it clearly says that posting another survivor site is permitted! The rules do say to keep your post in the proper forum. Well, I chose the ones that had to do with issues of what we are all here for. Now, 7 of you here did break the rules...because you all used very vulger, hateful and profane language...... First, I am also a victim of rape and I am only 14 years old!!! Is this the way you 7 people treat other victims? In the rules it memtions "triggers"...... Well, thanks allot to you 7 people, because you succeeded!!! I did not break any rules, you did!!!

Soo... what your saying is that WE'RE supposed to feel horrible and like rotten people right now for YOUR assumptions? Are we mindreaders? Who are you? Why are you here other than spam advertisements? Did you purposely intend on offending? You can not blame us for being sensitive, emotional people who've felt violated by your action... yet I'm feeling even more aggitated of you attempting to lay a guilt trip on us... instead of just appologizing for your lack of finesse and tactfullness.

Tim

p.s. I'm sorry you are a victim also.. :(

Edited by cervantes

Annie, I'm so very sorry for what happened to you and I guarantee you that so are the rest of the members, however I think Tim stated what I feel pretty well.

First you have to realize that your group "a place to heal" has already upset a lot of members here and I have personally engaged in 3 days email-war with the founder of your group. I'm going to spare you the details but it was ugly and the both of us ended up insulting and yelling at each other in a way I'm not entirely proud of. I stand by my side and believe what she does is absolutely unacceptable but I shouldn't have let her bring me down to her level. What I have found more shocking is that she admitted to send multiple invitations by choice and not by mistake. She proudly told me that some of her members join after the second or third invitation and that she will keep looking for victims whenever she can find them. I suggested her to stop looking for victims and start looking for that very serious help she urgently needs...but that's another story.

If you registered simply to post a link to another group, this is indeed against our rules. You do not need to register just to post about your group and then leave because this is not what AS is about. I'm afraid we'll have to do what my friend Lou already did with her Board....adding a new rule saying that every member who wants to post a link to another site needs to have at least 20 posts. This way we would know who is here to stay and who is here to spam....no offense.

On a more personal note, "a place to heal" is not a site per se, it's a support group and as a matter of courtesy we ask you to not promote support groups here. Of course we are all free to join how many groups we wish. I, myself, am a member of a few, but it is an unspoken rule that you don't post it publicly because it sort of invalidate the work that the moderators do here.

Verena

P.S. I wanna hope that the creator of your group did not advise you on coming in here and spamming the board because that would be awful....too awful even for her to take advantage of one of her members and to use her to promote her site elsewhere...

i wasn't too annoyed until i saw that you had posted the same shit in all the forums!

OMG (((betty))) I didn't even notice that until I read your msg and checked the other fourms....

Annie, you are so banned... :hammer:

Sweet Annie,

I'm sorry you feel triggered by the response you got here. :hug: Two wrongs would not make a right - so for this side of the matter - please accept our :throb: heart felt apologies. :hug:

Yes, profanity may have not been necessary :unsure: - however, YOU, a victim :hug: should be able to relate to the feeling of being violated :cry: and understand the volatile :ranting: nature of the response that can bring. Posting on the net - in an environment that you are unfamiliar with should have an element of consideration and tact to it - if you wish your communication to well received by the masses.

In other words... as others have pointed out....one lovely post would have sufficed. It is the utter bombardment of your message that counteracted the peaceful nature :inn: of the verbiage - and destroyed :( the sincerity of the message. Bringing to question the true intention behind your posts. Your being 14 I can understand how the nuances of these social prowess might have been unbeknownst to you - I hope that you can learn from this experience in your future www dealings and that no further internet communities will be subjected to the same violation that brought pain to my friends. :bighug: We are a very sincere community and are dedicated to protecting one another as best we can with our limited internet ability - It is this "mother pitbull" nature that you invoked in my friends. I'm sure being on the recieving end of this mindset was not pleasant - but I'm very proud of their tireless dedication to each other.

Wishing you a Productive Journey,

Balue :rasta:

Edited by BalueMana

Balue, lol....stop changing your post....I was going to change her status back to member again because you were welcoming her to AS in your post and you should know by now that we worship you and your opinion :P

Honestly was I acting too fast? Maybe the best thing to do was to give her another chance.

Balue, lol....stop changing your post....

LOL!!!!!!!- I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy, but saw you banned her - so my welcome was pretty useless......

If you guys want her banned I bow to the wishes of the majority. :hug:

I felt a "proper" welcome was the "loving" thing to do - I guess my heart went out to her flower child words and her precious age - but I had no idea you had "previous" dealings with this location. All that seems to make a difference.

If she was a doop of the mentally challenged founder of that site - then banning is the only option. If she was a lone ranger with bad judgement - then I think second chances are in order... Perhaps the only thing we can do is call Miss Cleo and ask for a reading of her mind!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! If Miss Cleo is not available then I reckon a coin toss would work just as well. :greet:

Oh and if you want I can repost that welcome :P ......... soo sorry for editing and now the thread seems to have holes in it.

Sending all my love,

Balue

I just have one little question... Did anyone else get an e-mail sent to them that read exactly the same way as above post? Because I did. So that's really :spam: and I think it isn't very nice for someone to join not only just to spam the forums but then also to get e-mail addresses. It feels like a peeping tom. Or something. I don't know.

Guest queenie

I don't feel bad for what I said. I am standing by it. This really pisses me off :hammer:

I think she is full of it. This is the same person who spammed my e-mails with all of her A Place To Heal. After I sent an e-mail (yes a nice one without cussing) asking her to please remove me from her contact list (that her e-mails were very triggering to me) what happened? My e-mail box was filled with very triggering rape abuse stories. And then she comes here and does this? Okay so you are going to post your site......but 17 times? And there is no malice behind that? RIGHT :blink:

I am sorry for what happened to her nobody should be raped or abused in any sort of way. But her being a survivor that she is, and being an owner of such a community you would think she would know the boundaries and be a little more sensitive to members of other boards. So how many more times does she get to come and trigger me? It was one thing to spam me with those horrible e-mails but to come in to MY place for MY healing and support is crossing the lines and it makes me very upset. This is the only place I have to come, this is where I am safe and can trust the members here.

I am sorry if this makes me seem like a stubborn cow But that's how I feel. If you read the TOS agreements for her community she is breaking the rules within her community and I just can't help but wonder...I know our moderators wouldn't impede on other communities like this.

I hope Nobody is Mad at me for it.

Jen

(Jen)

i totally agree!

i am sorry for using such strong language earlier but that doesn't excuse what she did. As a surivior she should have known what reaction she would get- even if she is only 14, a bit of common sense wouldn't have gone amiss!

sweet_annie14 Posted on Jun 22 2004, 01:27 PM

Wow!! There are some very angry people here!!

what do you expect? :blink: you spammed our board, a place that is very special to us! can you not see why we were all so angry?

i don't think it is fair of you to try an dturn it around and make us out to be the bad guys because we're not

maybe next time you should think about the appropriateness, (or rather, lack of it!) of your posts!

if you are heal to heal, that's fine, i welcome you and i am very sorry for your experiences but i'm not sure that was the purpose of your being here

Edited by betty

Not trying to add fuel to the flames but I thought I'd let you guys know I got an email as well... it confused me at first... wondering how someone knew to email that kind of stuff... then I came here and ta-da! Now I know!!! Glad I looked here... explains it all.

:throb: Tracy

yah i got an email too... when i emailed back to ask where the h*ll they got my email they just added me to the list (or maybe yahoo did that automatically hmmm). anywhoo i was pretty ticked off. :ranting:

Guest queenie

(betty)

If she had done any research on us before she started spamming she would have seen there is a thread about her community and her e-mail spam she has been sending us. Somebody actually lists the name of her community in that thread...she would have seen that it was unapprieciated and probably not the best idea to post her advertisment 17 times here.

I am sorry if I offended any of the members of our board, that is never my intention. When I signed on last night and almost every part of the forum with that post I was furious..I absolutely wanted to cry..I know she says she is 14 and to be an owner or part of a yahoo community you have to have your parents permission so I am glad she has her parents support to heal and belong to healing communties...but I don't think being 14 is an excuse for her spam. I don't feel supported by her or her community..I feel harrassed.

I kinda feel like her post was saying leave this board and come in here. Need more support? I feel like she was questioning the intregrity and support of the Mods and all of us here..and that really hurt.

Okay I am dropping it now I just wanted to get that in. I am extremely sorry if I offended any members on the board. :hug:

Ditto,Ditto,Ditto,Ditto,DITTO!!!!! :angry:

I was 1 of the 1st 2 read the post but i didnt know if i was right in replyin with my anger/upset/anoyed feelings so i didnt but i was heaps anoyed/upset/angrey i couldnt believe wot i was seeing.....

Thanku all 4 ur words which i couldnt post/say-i felt u all felt wot i did when i read & saw her post.....

i didnt even understand her post & i read it like 5 times?!?!?!? :blink::unsure:

If she is happy 2 b here as a survivour & gain healing here then i welcome her,not with open arms but with distance until i know i can trust her as i feel she has takin that right off the bat & misused it.....

:( im sorry 4 her pain,young age & her child like knowlage-she has a lot stil 2 learn.....

I hope she has learnt from this as we all may have.....

:hug: & :wub:

Sookie xoxox

I certainly understand the frustration everyone is currently experiencing due to members registering just to spam this board.

Anyone registering to spam this forum is an automatic ban...don't just say you agree with the Terms of Service if you haven't read them.

This member has already been banned and I am closing this thread to avoid further upsetting of our wonderful members.

Thanks to all of you in advance for being so patient and understanding. You are what makes this community as wonderful as it is!

I'm reopening this thread for a sec (Lindy don't kill me.... :P ) just because I think there was a general misunderstanding. The person who spammed the board was not the founder of "a place to heal".....well at least not officially if you know what I mean. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she registered with a fake identity and age just to get on my nerves. The founder of " a place to heal" is not 14, it's an adult married woman who I believe she is older than me (just not sure about the age but most definitely over 20!). The girl who spammed simply came here to post about the group although she is not the owner....kind of like if any of you went there and start spamming the group with After Silence's links. She posted the official welcome page of that group with the owner signature "Heater" although she I believe didn't mean to pass for her.

Now I have been thinking about it and the all thing is pretty suspicious. While arguing with the real founder of the group(Heater) through emails she kept repeating "why isn't more love and support good??", which is just the same title of the spam thread more or less. In addition to that the thread was posted after I have written to Heater that I was not going to reply or even to read any of her emails again, in fact she emailed me again and I deleted it without even opening it....so you have more information.

Love,

Verena