Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

My name is Victoria and I am 19 years old. I was 14 when I was sexually assaulted. I spent the years between then and now hiding my secret as much as I could and feeling ashamed. I'm tired of telling other survivors to never be ashamed of what happened to them when I myself feel ashamed. I'm excited to come forward with my story outside of a courtroom and overcome my fears.

Welcome Victoria. I am sorry for what has happened to you. I have been hiding my secret, too, but for much longer and from everyone. AS was my first step out, and that was less than a week ago. It's not easy, but this is a safe place. Everyone here is very supportive and they do not judge. You will see that, as you start to meet people here.

You said that you have told other survivors not to feel shame. Guess what, I am going to say that to you. You are NOT responsible for what your abuser did. The blame goes solely on him. You did nothing wrong. Nobody has an excuse to hurt someone as they have hurt you. I want you to believe that.

The road to healing starts with one small step. This community welcomes you.

:notalone::supportu:

Hello Victoria295, welcome to this group. It will make you realize you are not alone.

It sounds like you are breaking the silence by sharing with us. Good for you! You have the right to speak up. You are being very courageous.

It was not your fault.

Healing is possible.

:hi:

Welcome to the site. and yes, telling others to not be ashamed it is your time to share and heal. Good for you for your courage now. Yes it is something to look forward to getting to lessen the burden, so if excited so understandable. Time to not be so alone with it.

Best to you in your healing journey.

My name is Victoria and I am 19 years old. I was 14 when I was sexually assaulted. I spent the years between then and now hiding my secret as much as I could and feeling ashamed. I'm tired of telling other survivors to never be ashamed of what happened to them when I myself feel ashamed. I'm excited to come forward with my story outside of a courtroom and overcome my fears.

Hi Victoria, :hi:

I'm sorry to hear you were attacked at such a young age. Though you had feelings of shame there was nothing for you to ashamed about because all blame is all on the heads of the criminal(s) who hurt you. I am glad you had the tremendous courage to step forward here to break the silence about what happened to you.

We here at AS (after silence) are here to support you through the long hours of your healing journey and I hope you find this is a kind and supportive place as you struggle along towards a future of hope.

With support,

Activist Ally

I think I've received more support in my first post than I ever have before. :) Thanks guys

I'm glad you are finally getting some of the kind support that you've deserved for a long time...