Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Lynz

My name is Lindsey. I am 26 years old. I am currently a junior in college and I work part time as a dental assistant. My major is English and Education, I want to teach high school. I live in Georgia. I have lived there all my life and am looking forward to moving somewhere else when I graduate. I am engaged to my boyfriend of almost three years. I love movies, books, and music. My favorite movie is The Princess Bride. Favorite music--to many to mention. My favorite book is The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I spend my free time (the few precious moments that consists of) reading, writing short stories and poetry, doing cross-stitch, or crocheting. I love animals. I have a dog named Wookie and a cat named Kaboodle. I joined Tear in your Hand about a week ago and it has really been helping me. Looking forward to meeting new people.

Lynz

Welcome to After Silence, Lynz! I'm glad to see you here.

Princess Bride is also one of my favorite movies :)

If there's anything you need, please do not hesitate to ask.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

Welcome to the forum sweetie nice to see you! :)

Guest NicoleLJ

Hi,

I also just joined. I also love animals. I have several. 1 dog, Keya, who is 10 and trained to assist me here at our home. She was a rescue from a dog fighting ring. So she doesn't do well with other people or dogs. But she is wonderful for us. I also have 3 cats, Prince, Tippy, and Psycho. Prince and Tippy I found in dumpsters when they were about 2 weeks old. Psycho was an abused cat from a rescue I work with. I work with abused animals in teaching them how to trust agian and to be trained. Psycho was a hard luck case who would viscously attack anyone who even looked at her wrong. Some thought she was crazy because of the severe abuse she went through. I thought differently. They were going to put her down if I couldn't help her. It has been 18 months and now she is my lap cat. The only reminder of how she was before is her name. And we decided to keep the name because when people ask me about it I can then tell them her survival story. We also have a mini rex bunny named Harley. And we are waiting for my white german sheperd puppy. She will be my assistance dog. Helping me to cope in public. I will be able to handle being around people and if a panic attact starts my dog can get me to a safe place to calm down. She will be the start of my freedom.

Anyway I can't wait to talk to you more and also to make friends here. Happy Holidays

Guest mand76uk

Hi Lindsay,

Welcome to the group. I love The Mists of Avalon, too! I read it when I was about 15, and could not remember what it was called, but someone recently bought me a copy.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you better, and hope this forum helps you as much as it is helping me.

Amanda.