Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new here

Guest mand76uk

Guest mand76uk

I was abused by my stepdad when I was 13, and my mum chose him over me. I think I've bottled up all the hurt and shame all of these years, I'm now 27, and am only now starting on the road to recovery. I'm starting to deal with a lot of emotions that I did not know were inside. I only found this site a couple of days ago, and it has made me realise that I'm not alone, even though I often feel desperately lonely. I don't have any real friends, and none that know what has happened to me, so I really hope this will help.

hi mand76uk i to was abused by my step-father from the age of 8-16. when i finaly spoke out about what had happened to me my mother choose my step-father over me so i can totaly relate to what you are going through. i hope that you will find all the comfrot and love you need. there are people here that want to listen and been there for you. and please remember you are not alone

Guest mand76uk

Thanks Tricia, I know it's going to be strange at first, talking about what happened to me, but I can tell by looking through this site and reading the messages that everyone is really supportive, I think I'm gonna need a lot of support, and maybe I'll even make some new friends.

Welcome to our group Mand76Uk, glad you found us, I have been a member since July, I also come from Uk, Wales in fact.

I am truly sorry, for what happened to you, I also was abused by my father, from the age of 5-18.

((((((( Safe Gentle Hugs ))))))))

Catherine

thank you for sharing your story, it takes a lot of courage to speak out.

The road to recovery is a very long and difficult one but you are not alone, we'll get there together.

Welcome to the group

(((( Hugs ))))

Verena