Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Referred By A Friend

For years, I had belonged to other boards. I loved the people I met and I felt safe, happy - secure. But then the tides changed, the people changed, and it became unhealthy. It hurt, losing this support. My family - the cause of my problems - weren't understanding. My friends hadn't been there. It felt I had nowhere to go. But my friend snowdragon referred me here, so I thought I'd take a leap of faith and try again, hoping that I'm not burned a third time.

A bit about me? My name is Kelly and I'm 28 years old. I am the primary caregiver for my chronically ill mother, and I cared for my Dad and Grandma until they passed away 3 months apart in 2002. I work for a community college, where things have gotten so crazy I hardly recognize my job anymore. I have a degree in English, and writing is my passion. Other than that? I'm an avid Beatles freak and am hopelessly addicted to livejournal. The link to my journal is in my siggy. It's friends only, but feel free to drop me a line and tell me you're from the board. Odds are I'll probably add you.

I must admit I'm very nervous about doing this again. I'm afraid to become attached. Afraid I'll be hurt again. I've dealt with rape and abuse my whole life (from age 2 until 16 or so), and I need people who have been there. I'm sick of feeling isolated . . .

well, that's me in a nutshell. Sort of. I'll try to post my story in the correct forum. Anyway . . . hi!

Welcome to the forum my old dear friend.

((((Shivedheart))))

I'm sorry that you have been through many instances of being burned hun, that can be hard especially when all your trying to do is to survive and heal. I do hope that you are able to find the comfort, love, care, and support here that I & so many others have. :wub:

Feel free to get a good look around the board and welcome to After Silence. :)

:hug::hug:

Donna =)

Thank you everyone. I forgot to mention that my name on other boards was "wordsflyup" so some of you might remember me. Again, thank you!

Welcome to AS, I hope you find it helps ... :hug:

Welcome to the forum Kelly! I'm glad to see you here and I hope that things are treating you well. The people here are wonderful and I hope you will find that too. Take care! you know I'm here for you if you need anything.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Lindsay

I missed feeling like I was part of a community. I belong to groups on live journal, but they aren't very active, unfortunately. So I'm glad Snowy recommended this board!

(((Kelly)))

Welcome to After Silence! This is a wonderful community full of caring and supportive people. One of the things I like best about it is how we seem to take care not to hurt one another's feelings. That's a rare quality to have in an internet community.

I hope you come to enjoy this place as much as I do. From the sounds of it, you will. Treat yourself kindly, you deserve it.

:hug:

Meg

((((kelly))))

Hi kelly...hope this place does turn out to be your new home and nothing like what happened in the past...but I understand what you mean about not wanting to be isolated and being a part of the forums. See you around.

shelly :insane:

Thank you, everyone :)

Kelly,

Welcome to the group! I just joined this week, but I can say that this group is definately different most other groups. I was also a little relunctant to join for the same reasons as you. Yet for some reason, I was drawn here. There is such a wonderful vibe between the participants here.

Looking forward to getting to know you :hug: ,

Kylee

Edited by }|{Btrflywngs}|{

welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Thank you again! What I've seen in just a few days is comforting. Thank you all for welcoming me so warmly.