Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another New Person To The Site

Paulabrave

:ohmy: I can't sleep. Lately my sleep pattern has been like this. I have found a sexual assult center in my community and I have an intake appointment tomorrow after work.

Just when I thought I was over all of this, here I am again. I am a survivor of sibling sexual abuse. The abuser is my brother that is 8 years older than me. I feel like I spent most of my early 20s in therapy but all those feels never really went away. I tried denial but that only works for so long. Money has been my main issue for not seeing a therapist sooner. The services I am seeking are free so I will check them out. I can't continue on in isolation and I feel like I have so much pinned up inside of me.

I have over prepared for tomorrow's appointment. Writing down every question I can think of. I even made a list of goals.

I have a question: Does child sexual abuse leave the survivor with chronic reprocutions that sometimes sprout into acute episodes of painful grief? :hmm:

I hope I phrased that correctly. I feel like that has been my life ever since I realized what happen to my was not normal.

Thank you for this lovely message board - Jasmine :kitty:

Edited by Jasmine

Welcome to after silence Jasmine :hug::hug::hug:

Hope it goes well with the appointment..

Meg x

Jasmine,

Welcome to After Silence sweetie. I am sorry for what you had to go through sweetie. No one should ever have to.

Good luck with your appointment

:hug::hug::hug:

Linds

welcome to AS Jasmine :throb:

~charlene~

Welcome to the board, Jasmine! I too am a survivor of sibling abuse at the hands of my oldest brother, who was five years my senior. And yes, there are times when what happened to me manifests itself as a very painful, very real grief.

Kelly

:zzz:

I got a good night sleep last night. It had been awhile and I feel a little better just from the sleep.

Thank you all so much for your kind welcome. I really like what I have been reading on the message base. I also like this message base because you can personalize the message to fit your personality.

The intake appointment went well. Even though we were just discussing basic information so the therapist could understand why I was there, I still felt a little better. It is nice to have a safe place to unload. I am getting that same feeling from this message board.

Thanks again!