Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Crisis Centre Numbers

Hi!

I know that the gathering of rape crisis centre numbers is well-intentioned, but due to the several thousand km between Australia and South Africa, I believe someone may have given John inaccurate information.

There is a seperate thread for Cape Town (which is a city in SA), but that's okay.

The main problem is that the post was made in a language that looks like Spanish/Italian/French. None of these languages are spoken by more than 0,001 percent of the population. There are eleven official languages, but the main ones are Zulu, Sesotho, Afrikaans or English.

In fact, it doesn't look like a South African dialling code... (which starts with 27).

Or this may just have been a mispost / mislabelling. However that may be, I don't think any SA survivors will be able to understand the post, even if the info is accurate.

Thanks for reading!

Selene

http://www.rapecrisis.org.za/contact-us/ will direct people to the rape crisis helplines for South Africa. Well Cape Town anyway. And it is in English. Web addresses for South Africa end in in za not cv, am not sure why the post info is in french either? Perhaps someone else can clear it up and change it so it does not confuse people?