Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Got An Idea

i have got an idea from another support fourm which worked very well and i think could work here

it was called Adopt a newbie service were members who had been on the site for a while took a new member under their wing showed them round the bords and introduce them to other members i remeber how scary i found all this when i 1st came here i think this might help

wat do u all think??

Duckster

*cuddles my duckster*

yeah that's a pretty awesome idea! it took me a while to get posting and thankfully when i got here i had a member take me under their wing and made me feel at home.. Adopt a newbie would work quiet well i think...

good idea duckster

Love JT

Oh wow! This seems like a cool idea! I wonder if it would work at a place as large as this...? I think that is a wonderful concept! I know how scary it can be when you're new. :hug:

I think this could work because sometimes newer members can feel very intimidated by a place that seems so large and hard to break into. Maybe this could help new members feel safer and make it a little easier on them to make friends and such. I know it was really hard for me when I first joined here and in other places.

I guess we'll see what the mods/admins think????

:tealribbon:

That would be AWESOME!!!!

I am still fairly new, not many people know me. It would be awesome to take the new people and show them around. It would help with some of their anxiety.

How would we coordinate something like this....there are many members, and many new people...?

It is a GREAT idea!!! I hope it works out. Let me know what I can do to help.

Melissa

A good idea, I would certainly be willing to offer services ...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

cool idea

*puzzled look on face*

ummmmm did babs just quack? i thought she was a butterfly.... so confuzzled....

thought about it some more and if it happens i want to be involved duckster =D

ok so the real reason was to post about babs quacking but hey =P

awesome idea my dear

love court

Awesome idea. I do try to "show the newbies around" in chat. I like the idea of showing them around the board too. It took me awhile to figure out things.

*puzzled look on face*

ummmmm did babs just quack? i thought she was a butterfly.... so confuzzled....

thought about it some more and if it happens i want to be involved duckster =D

ok so the real reason was to post about babs quacking but hey =P

awesome idea my dear

love court

UMMMM, not to pop your bubble court, but, UHHH, is a giant red talking eye any less confusing!!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Edited by determined 1
*quack quack*

I think it's a great idea

Hey BABS, this new picture is beautiful, you are so pretty kiddo!!!

Thanks u so so much for all ur respones i never thought it would have gone down soo well im really loking forward to making this real and not just an idea

now how to get this started an ideas r much welcomed??

Thanks u all again:)

Duckster

Sorry for the delay in this reply! This is a neat idea :)

The admin and mods have been discussing ways to implement this idea and make it workable for the board. We will be posting with more info about it shortly, thanks for the suggestion!

i love this idea and i would be more that willing to offer whatever i can, but im afraid i dont get online as much as i like. but great idea!

softly