Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First Post

Xinyang

Hi this is my first post and my first time being a member of a support group for survivors. I am a 21 year old Christian and am partially disabled. I was assaulted years ago, when I was in middle school. I kept it a secret until I was an adult and now I'm trying to move on and have a normal life. Hoping to find some inspiration.

Welcome to AS Xinyang! Many people who have come here and shared a piece of themselves are very inspiring. I'm sorry for what you have gone through and I hope you can find some healing by being here around people who will understand.

Hello and Welcome,

I am pretty new here too but this is a great place to begin healing. I am happy you found yourself here and hope you find everything as useful as I am finding it. Everyone is supportive, they have great advice, and they are always willing to listen when you need it. I am sorry for what happened to you, but I hope you will find your inspiration here. Good luck in your journey! :hi::notalone:

Hi this is my first post and my first time being a member of a support group for survivors. I am a 21 year old Christian and am partially disabled. I was assaulted years ago, when I was in middle school. I kept it a secret until I was an adult and now I'm trying to move on and have a normal life. Hoping to find some inspiration.

Welcome Xinyang, :hi:

I'm glad you've been able to come here to break the silence about that terrible thing that happened years ago. I hope you will find understanding and support here to help you as you move forward towards the life that you want to live.

Strength to you,

Activist Ally

Welcome to AS, xinyang! I am truly sorry for what you have been through and I hope you are able to find the healing you deserve here. You are not alone. I was assaulted/ abused when I was in middle school and I have only been dealing with the trauma of it all since I was a senior in high school. I, too, am 21.

God Bless,

Lily

Edited by lily23