Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi everyone,

I am new here, I posted my story on the home page before I realized I should have put it under "share my story". It is always shocking to me how many stories we all have, and alot of us have more than one. For me it is easier to talk to people that I know have gone through similar experiences. I kept the experience I wrote about secret all my life except to a few people and I realize now that I still keep any problems I have secrets no matter what they are. It occurred to me the other night how truly repressed I am in sharing when I was upset about something(nothing serious) and just needed some company, I went over to a friends house and hung out but could not even tell her I was upset. I also have a hard time getting close to people, but I have gotten better at it in the past few years, it's hard to not be friendly living in the south! But I almost always keep my emotions to myself, though I will share things with all of you I hope. Well, hope to get to know you all.

Val

Welcome to the boards Val..........Michelle

welcome to AS val :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

((((Val))))

Welcome to the board sweetie, please know that we are here for you and you are not alone.

:hug: :hug:

Donna =)

:hug: Hi Val welcome to after silence, sorry you have a reason to be here but hope you find it as helpful as I do here take care luv Jess :hug::hug: