Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Here I Am

It's funny, I was so psyched to join last night, but sleep intervened, and now I dunno what to say.

I'm kinda a mess, I was first abused in my first relationship when I was 12, had some unhealthy relationships, and then abused again when I was 26. Ironically it was that last one that made me aware of the first one. Anyway it's been a few years since, and I'm still reeling from it, hence the limbo of the name, so looking for somewhere to meet people and feel less alone.

I watch some TV, play some video games, do some stuff. I dunno if I'm ready to be too open yet with too much. Feel a bit exposed.

But .. I exist, I'm here, hello and stuff.

Dante.

Hello limbo,

I'm so sorry for the traumas you have experienced. What you are feeling is natural, coming here is a big step, and we all feel a little exposed when we do. You will find this site to be very supportive tho, and everyone does understand, they really do. Take your time, there is no need to rush. Look around, and when you feel more comfortable, your new community of friends will be waiting. Best wishes on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

hey there! welcome to AS, i'm super positive that you will find some great support here. i'm really glad that you joined and decided to post!!

i completely understand where you are coming from. many people here have experienced what you are feeling, and there will be more survivors that you can lend an ear to when you start meeting new people!!

i'm sorry for what you went through but i'm glad you are taking some big steps to move onward with your life.

if you ever want to chat about gaming or if you need any advice...i'm here!

looking forward to a message from you!

welcome again

-terra

That's cool, thanks Terra :) I see the chatroom is kinda .. not so busy. Does anyone use it or is it largely a relic of busier times?

Hello limbodante,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the Newbie support team
here, I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any
help with anything, please let me or one of the team know and we will do our
best to help if we can

take care, Paula

• 2 weeks later...