Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Looking For Advice/support

Hello tm,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have endured trauma, but please know this is a very supportive site. The members are kind and understanding. It's a big step reaching out, but only the first step on your healing journey. I wish you well.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi tm2566,

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry that you suffered trauma in the past, that brought you here, but I AM very happy that you reached out for support here :clap:

The members are very friendly, helpful, and understanding.

The members here will ALWAY's Support you :throb:

If you could list what type of advice and/or support you need i would be easier for members to help you.

You are not alone.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

Hi tm2566,

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry that you suffered trauma in the past, that brought you here, but I AM very happy that you reached out for support here :clap:

The members are very friendly, helpful, and understanding.

The members here will ALWAY's Support you :throb:

If you could list what type of advice and/or support you need i would be easier for members to help you.

You are not alone.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

I know what happened to me could of been a lot worse but I just don't know if I have the right to be upset and still be affected by it.

Thank you for your kind words :)

You DO have a right to be upset.

I still have memories of CSA that happened over 50 years ago.

Rape, or any other kind of sexual abuse is NEVER the victims fault.

Please DO NOT blame yourself about what happened.

The key to your healing and recovery is to remember that the abuse happened in the PAST.

You need to concentrate on the Present and Future :)

Your healing will probably take some time before you recover completely.

Be Strong.

You CAN and WILL Recover. :)

If you have not already done so, I would recommend that you try and find a therapist to help you with your recovery and healing.

:notalone: :supportu: :youcanheal:

Hello Tm2566,

Welcome to Aftersilence!!! My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team. If you have any questions or just need a listening ear, please feel free to send me a personal message. I read a reply you wrote after your intro post and I wanted you to know that you do have the right to be upset. Nothing is too big or too small.. it all affects us in different ways..and you know I'm glad you reached out to us for support :)

Mandy