Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Baby Step

i registered a few weeks ago, but this is my first post. i've locked away a date rape for more than 20 years now and i've been able to push it away and live a happy healthy life. i've been married for 15 years and have two precious children. i'm afraid to open this door and frankly question if i need to or not. i have frequent nightmares, and always have. recently i've had a few mini panic attacks, which is why i even found this site. not sure where to go, if anywhere, from here. but here i am.

I'm sorry for what you have gone through hun, but proud of you for finally taking the first step in healing and posting about it. Make yourself comfy and right home okay? :bighug:

Welcome to AS. :wave:

Donna =)

Welcome to AS sweetie. Im sure if you decide you want to deal with this you'll find tons of support here. :hug::hug:

welcome

Welcome. Only you can decide whether you need to open the door or not. But as others have said, there is loads of support here. And everyone's friendly and encouraging so whatever you want to say, whatever you feel you need there will be someone to help you, or someone just to sympathise, or those who will just listen and offer friendly hugs.

IMHO it sounds like you need something - since you've been having nightmares and flashbacks. You sound a strong person to have coped for so long. So well done for that.

So, make yourself at home, continue to browse and get a feel for the place and the people. Post when you're ready and there will be someone to help you.

Hope my long ramblings haven't put you off!!

Good luck with healing,

Jacqui xx

Welcome! Whatever you decide you need, we're here for you.

Hi there and welcome. I agree with Jacqui in that if you are having problems like panic attacks and nightmares, you may need to delve a little deeper into seeking help. I am glad you were able to find AS to seek help and information.

I hope you find what you are looking for here

Whitedove.

Welcome to after silence :hug:

Meg x

Hi Lotus (love that handle by the way!) :hug:

I kept my rape a secret for 6 years, so I know some of what you're going through. It does help to talk and vent about it.

It's great that you've reached out here in this community.

I hope you find what you're searching for.

Sending you peace

and God Bless you,

Ryann

Hi Lotus (love that handle by the way!) :hug:

I kept my rape a secret for 6 years, so I know some of what you're going through. It does help to talk and vent about it.

It's great that you've reached out here in this community.

I hope you find what you're searching for.

Sending you peace

and God Bless you,

Ryann

I'm afraid that if I open that door, what will come pouring out will be more than I can handle. I just might rather continue to deal with nightmares ...

My husband, who I started dating within a year of being raped, doesn't know and I don't think I can tell him now without him feeling hurt and isolated because of my secrecy

My husband, who I started dating within a year of being raped, doesn't know and I don't think I can tell him now without him feeling hurt and isolated because of my secrecy

I am not saying that it will be an easy conversation with you husband. I told mine when we were still dating, but I did not tell him how much the assault affected me and that I was finally dealing with it until close to 7 years later. I did not tell him that I started therapy. I was protecting him from a lot of my pain for a really long time and when I let him in we grew as a couple. I can't describe the intimacy in words. You have carried this burden for a really long time, it is okay to hurt and the fact that you are worried abou his feelings says how much you love him. Take soft steps with him and I hope that you can find support there.