Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Help..

I wish I could call myself a survivor but to be honest I'm not surviving at all. The littlest things can send me into a panic and I'm finding it harder and harder to pull myself back together. I don't trust anyone, I can't go anywhere alone, I can't sleep without pills or alcohol and I spend hours just crying. Its been 6months; is this normal? Will it ever get easier? I really hope I can't find some comfort and peace here because no matter how hard they try, noone else understands.

just_me

It's been over a decade and I still feel like I'm not coping sometimes.

It's going to be hard work - for the rest of your life - but you can survive.

Loads and loads of hugs

PM me any time

Selene

It's been almost 8 years for me and almost 5 years and I still have really rough times honey. But compared to how it was right after each happend, I am doing a hell of alot better. :hug:

Things take time, with everything you have mentioned I am sure there is not one person here who can't relate...I know I can. :console:

Post to us, read as much as you want, just settle in and know that you are not alone.

Welcome to AS. :bighug:

:hug:

Donna =)

its a stupid question, but what do i do? i've already run away, to another country.. i thought it would help but it hasn't. my family doesn't know so they just think i'm a grump and the pressure to do things stresses me out. i just want to curl up in my bed and stay there until this is all over.

i'm sorry if i'm being annoying, but is there anyone online i can talk to? i am sitting here alone and for the first time i just want to talk about it. i'm so messed up. i'm sorry

Hi Just-me,

Unfortunately you cant run away from something you carry within you :o(...maybe the alternative is to muster all of that courage you undoubtedly posses, and stop running and start fighting back..

There is an old saying in therapy it goes like this : "the mind can be a fantastic servant or a terrible master"....

Maybe your fighting back journey begins from here today...

I so hope so for you

Brian

its a stupid question, but what do i do? i've already run away, to another country.. i thought it would help but it hasn't. my family doesn't know so they just think i'm a grump and the pressure to do things stresses me out. i just want to curl up in my bed and stay there until this is all over.

hi just me

i am sorry 4 what you have gone through , it has been 20 years for me at first i didnt deal with it at all ,but eventually i had too

yes you will have tough days , and you will have to face many unhappy thoughts , but what i have learnt through my journey of recovery is the more you face your past the easier it will get ,

dont let what happened ruin the rest of you life , if you do surely that is just giving the person that wronged you a power over you that you dont deserve ,

my hugs and support go to you , be brave , be strong

:greet::hug::bighug:

hi just me . you have took a big step on the road to being a surviver by just posting here . the people here are so kind dont know what i would do without AS .

just keep posting as often as you need to i am sure someone will always send u a reply .

take care you are in my thought s :hug:

:hug: Just Me :hug:

It's been 6 years for me and I still feel like I could have written your post here! I am the same way about sleeping. If you ever need to send me a personal message (pm) feel free to do so, I'd be glad to talk with you.

Welcome, I know you'll find lots of support and friendship, sweetheart :comfort:

God Bless You,

Ryann