Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Joined...hello

Hey there. I'm Cathy and I'm 20 years old. I went through every kind of abuse possible all before I turned 18 years old. I just started therapy for everything and actually started talking for the first time last November. Last month I ended up in the hospital beacuse I was extremely suicidal and reverting back to old habits like cutting and isolating myself. I got on meds and have been hoping thses thoughts would go away, but they haven't. Actually reading people's accounts on this site triggered a new memory I had long buried, just another thing to add to my list. Sorry for not being upbeat, I'm just so worn. I'm a sophmore in college but as of right now I am having such a hard time leaving my apartment, I'm currently flunking all my classes. I want to get past this and get over this hard time so I can move on with my life. If I knew how, I would have long ago. Its just so defeating. I know I'm a survivor, but I still feel so much like a victim.

Thanks for listening.

jaded_chaos

Welcome! I think you'll find lots of kindness and compassion here. Good for you for breaking the isolation by coming here! You should give yourself lots of credit for even addressing the abuse while you are in such a busy time as college. I think I'm one of the majority who actually waits until 30's or 40's to work on abuse issues. I know it's hard to see when you're in so much pain, but you're actually ahead of the game. Hang in there!

Hi Cathy, welcome to After Silence! :hug:

I'm glad you've joined us, and hope that you will find support here :)

Love Meg x