Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Share Your Truth?

Hi

Just thought I'd make a suggestion about the title of the 'share your story' forum, please feel free to disregard if not sensible or appropriate.

I was wondering if maybe it might be better for it to read 'share your truth' or something like that....sometimes 'story' could feel like you're telling a tale, not really owning it or its like a fairy story or something.

sorry if I make no sense, I hope you can work out what I mean from this jumble of thoughts.

thanks for reading

teazle

Hey Teazle,

You brought up a very interesting point. I actually do like "share your truth" more than "share your story." However, one thing we always try to achieve when naming a forum is clarity. We often move posts located in wrong forums and "share your truth", while more effective, is also more confusing because it may include all kind of topics. Given that most people don't actually read the description of the forums, "share your story" is less likely to be confused with a forum for aftermath, venting, or psychological issues... because the title is pretty self explanatory. :tealribbon:

I like "Share Your Story" because telling is like a HUGE milestone in your healing and telling your story shoudl be something you honor for yourself as a way of beginning your healing process. Sharing your truth can mean anything and that is what the other forum catagories are for, plus it's amazing to obtain so much information in various areas of our recovery and it keeps us focussed.

I like "Share Your Story" because telling is like a HUGE milestone in your healing and telling your story shoudl be something you honor for yourself as a way of beginning your healing process. Sharing your truth can mean anything and that is what the other forum catagories are for, plus it's amazing to obtain so much information in various areas of our recovery and it keeps us focussed.

That's a good point...Share your truth is kind of too general...The only reason I don't like Share Your Story is because I'm just talking about my life...I don't really like calling it a story...but that's my problem. I can see why it's called that just so everyone knows what exactly goes where. :tealribbon: