Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New...nervous Need Understanding

Hi,

I found this site today and I am so happy I did. I started counselling this week and I am finally going to admit to the stuff that happened when I was a child.

I need to get this out as I feel so heavy.

My present is so wonderful I need to put my past away!

I am 30 and it was when I was 11 to 16.

Soloko

Welcome to After Silence, Soloko. I'm glad you found us here, even if I'm sorry you had a reason to after all. I hope this place will be good for your healing process. We're all on your side, sweetie, and will help any way we can. This is a very comforting, supportive, and caring place to be.

:hug:

Meg

Welcome to AS, I hope you find it can help you to be here .. :hug:

welcome to the boards sweetie :bighug:

~charlene~

:greet: Welcome to AS honey...everyone is very supportive and caring and I'm sure you'll find it as helpful as I have :) Look forward to getting to know you!!

:hug: Lene x

Thank you so much. This is so much harder then I thought. I am going between trying to accept and admit and I dont know where to go. its almost like this huge need for validation. But then it swings to me saying oh it was never that bad.

(((((soloko))))) safe hugs....I hope that you will feel safe and welcomed here at AS. Take all the time you need to feel comfortable about posting. It is a very hard thing to know what to say and how to say it and then how will it be recieved. But jsut know that we support you! Your pain is real..if you felt it it is real and it matters. Take care of you and I hope to talk to you soon.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Kris

Thank you so much. This is so much harder then I thought. I am going between trying to accept and admit and I dont know where to go. its almost like this huge need for validation. But then it swings to me saying oh it was never that bad.

(((Soloko)))

It always is harder in the beginning but as you begin to heal and learn the truths they try to keep from us, it begins to get easier. The most difficult feelings to deal with are the shame, guilt, and feeling like so much disposable garbage. The saddest thing is that none of our perps feel these things and they are the ones who should!!!

Remember, none of what happened was your fault. You did nothing wrong and certainly did not invite the abuse. You were a child and simply did not know any better.

Also, please know there is no time pressure for you to post your story. Not everyone in here posts their stories right away. In fact some never do post their stories. That's perfectly okay, too. Post as you want and as you can. We are imminently patient here because we've all been or will be where you are now. Take gentle care of yourself and post as often as you'd like.

:hug:

Meg

Edited by Ardatha