Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My 1St Post

Dodder

Hi everyone :hi:

My name is Sarah and I'm a CSA survivor from Dublin.

I'm having a rough patch at the moment and am feeling quite alone as I have nobody around me to talk to who truly understands. So I decided to join here in hope of making a few friends that I can share my journey to recovery with and vice versa.

Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Edited by Dodder

Hi Dodder,

Welcome to AS. There are lots of people here that understand what it is you are going through. I hope that your rough patch smooth over quickly. Don't be afraid to jump in or ask questions.

Astro

Welcome to the site Sarah. I hope you get all the support you need here. Being with others who will understand does help as does getting compassionate support. Will catch you around sometime.

Be gentle with you there

Rain

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to AS, :aswelcomesu:

I am sorry that you feel alone.

I am sorry that you are experienced CSA but you ARE are a survivor,

I am very happy that you are reaching out for Support here.

This is a very friendly Supportive Website.

Sharing our own stories, is very helpful towards our Healing, and Recovery.

I am sure that you will make some new friend here, that have similar stories as yours.

Sending you Love and Support :notalone::supportu:

Welcome to AS, Sarah. Here you will find people who are understanding. It's great that you're reaching out. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards :)

Thank you for the lovely welcomes & kind words

I wasn't expecting a reception like this! it means a lot as posting on here was a big step for me.

This seems like a great community to be a part of and as they say a problem shared is a a problem halved.

You are all amazing and strong people.

Sarah xx

Hi everyone :hi:

My name is Sarah and I'm a CSA survivor from Dublin.

I'm having a rough patch at the moment and am feeling quite alone as I have nobody around me to talk to who truly understands. So I decided to join here in hope of making a few friends that I can share my journey to recovery with and vice versa.

Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Hi Sarah,

Wow, that is really hard to feel alone with something so heavy and painful isn't it? I hope you'll find some kind supportive and understanding people here to help you on your healing journey.

Welcome to AS (after silence)!

:)

Activist Ally

hi Sarah,

welcome to AS, I'm assuming you are from Dublin, Ireland ? If so, hello from a fellow Irish person!!!

hope youre finding your way around okay,

take care

Paula