Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

All New

Posting anything at all on this forum is a real step for me. For a long time, I both did and did not know what happened to me. I had all of the facts and memories. At no point did I forget or repress memories. I just didn't allow myself to think through what it all meant and name it. For nearly 20 years after the fact, I never let myself say "I am someone who was molested". I guess because if I did that, it would be real, and I would have to confront it, and let it be a part of me and my story. I didn't know if I could do that without coming apart.

But all of a sudden, I found myself putting the pieces together and admitting to what I've known this whole time: I am someone who was molested. And there's all kind of feelings and fears I'm confronting head on, and so I'm here, and I don't plan on coming apart, and I'm glad to meet all of you.

Edited by sixofswords

Hello sixofswords,

Welcome to AS. I am also new here and have just found my voice to post about what happened to me. I understand what you are saying, for a long time I could only admit that I was “touched”. “Touched” had no face, no definition…I kept the memories hidden in plain sight, but refused to know what really happened. When it all burst, I ba=egan having more memories than I ever wanted to face. I hope that y our healing journey remains in calm strength.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

Hi

I can understand how hard it is to talk about it -even writing but writing it can be better at first because it gets it out of your brain and on paper and your not thinking about it a lot.

Judith

Hello and welcome to AS, My name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. If you need any help getting around the board, please contact me.

take care, Paula

• 4 months later...

Welcome!