Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I already posted once, and was responded to kindly. I am hopeful about this site, as I had a bad experience with another site (I know nothing about online forums, I don't even know if it was a "legitimate" site set up to truly help, it didn't seem to have any "safeguards" or "moderators" in place to help much). I, obviously, won't name the site, but it triggered me in a very serious way.

After many months, I thought I'd look again, and came across this site. It seems "gentler", I guess is the word. So, I thought I'd try one more time.

I am trying very hard to work on a new relationship, and develop trust in a new T, in a new town...

I'll try to tell my story(ies) in time. But for now, "Hello", I just turned 49 a couple of weeks ago...I am hoping that this forum will be the start of a combined therapeutic effort, one that will help me start beginning to open up to my new T. I miss my T/Pdoc of many years, but living situations change, even if "life" situations don't.

I am hoping that this board is different, as I DO find it easier to "talk" in a setting of anonymity, and am hoping that might lead to the beginning of conversations in a therapeutic setting.

Thank You For Listening...

I already posted once, and was responded to kindly. I am hopeful about this site, as I had a bad experience with another site (I know nothing about online forums, I don't even know if it was a "legitimate" site set up to truly help, it didn't seem to have any "safeguards" or "moderators" in place to help much). I, obviously, won't name the site, but it triggered me in a very serious way.

After many months, I thought I'd look again, and came across this site. It seems "gentler", I guess is the word. So, I thought I'd try one more time.

I am trying very hard to work on a new relationship, and develop trust in a new T, in a new town...

I'll try to tell my story(ies) in time. But for now, "Hello", I just turned 49 a couple of weeks ago...I am hoping that this forum will be the start of a combined therapeutic effort, one that will help me start beginning to open up to my new T. I miss my T/Pdoc of many years, but living situations change, even if "life" situations don't.

I am hoping that this board is different, as I DO find it easier to "talk" in a setting of anonymity, and am hoping that might lead to the beginning of conversations in a therapeutic setting.

Thank You For Listening...

Hello,

Well I hope you will find that AS (After Silence) is a kind and supportive place to help you on your therapeutic journey to healing. Take your time and look around - no pressure on anything. :)

With support,

Activist Ally

Welcome NeedPeace.

I'm new here, too. I also looked around trying to find a place that might work for me. Some of those sites did scare me. Seemed like no safeguards at all. If we are ever to move forward, we do need to feel safe.

I'm still learning to navigate around this site, but I have been getting more comfortable. What Activist Ally said...there is no pressure on anything...it's true. I posted my own hello, responded to a couple of others posts, and really just kinda read what others are going thru. Everyone has been very welcoming, so I want to be able to do the same. Repeated theme I found here, and it's my turn to say...you are not alone.

Mary

Thank You ALL,

I have been starting to do as you all suggested off and on today as things "popped" into my head. I haven't quite figured the site out, yet, or exactly how it works, but so far the people on here seem to genuinely care about one another's stories and are here to support each other.

Thank You, again.