Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A First Time For Everything

I'm new here. So far I've kept what happened to me a secret from everyone. I hope I'll finally be able to start talking about what happened here but I'm a little nervous, it feels like a big step letting others know. I suppose part of me always felt that telling the world would make it more real.

Hi Anna! Welcome to AS. I'm so sorry for the trauma that you've experienced that brings you here, but I'm glad you're taking steps toward recovery! Talking to others about your experience is a very big step and reaching out can be very difficult but this is a great group and everyone here is very supportive. Best wishes to you as you begin this process!

Hi anna,

Welcome to After Silence. :aswelcomesu:

Please DO NOT be nervous about sharing your past.

I am very Proud of YOU for reaching out for Support here.

You deserve to live a Happy and Healthy life, and overcome your past.

You ARE a Survivor-Be Proud of yourself :clap:

Discussing your past trauma will be very helpful towards your healing and recovery.

We all started here feeling the same way that you do.

You CAN and Will Heal and Recover. :notalone::supportu::youcanheal:

Hi Anna,

Welcome to AS. It is a huge step to reach out, tho I understand being nervous. Remember, we have all been new at one time, and we do understand. Take your time, and when you are comfortable, you will find truly supportive and kind people walking this same journey with you. You are not alone.

Mary

:youcanheal:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Welcome to AS (After Silence) from the NST (Newbie Support Team). We're here to help if you need anything so
please feel free to message me if you have questions okay?

With support,

Activist Ally