Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Hello,

I'm not really sure what to say here, if I'm honest I feel nervous even though I'm sure there is no reason to be. I spent a long time pretending everything was okay but the reality was I wasn't and I have finally started to face up to this.

A bit about me, I recently graduated university, I love reading, listening to music, watching movies and being outside amongst nature :)

I look forward to meeting you all.

Jemma

Hi Jem,

Welcome to AS. We are all nervous at first, but that is ok. It is a big step coming here. I had spent a long time too, hiding and denying everything that happened. You definitely are not alone there. Just to let you know, you are supported here. Everyone is kind because everyone understands. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Thank you for the kind welcome :) I appreciate it very much. I haven't reached out much in real life at least not untill recently, it's hard. I'm glad I found this place.

Jemma

Hello,

I'm not really sure what to say here, if I'm honest I feel nervous even though I'm sure there is no reason to be. I spent a long time pretending everything was okay but the reality was I wasn't and I have finally started to face up to this.

A bit about me, I recently graduated university, I love reading, listening to music, watching movies and being outside amongst nature :)

I look forward to meeting you all.

Jemma

Hi Jemma!!!!

Most of us were really nervous when we first joined but I want to welcome you to AS (After Silence) and let you know we are all here to support you every step of the way on you path to healing and recovery!

It's perfectly understandable that you would have gone through a time of trying to pretend everything is okay, and I'm glad you found us because this is a place where you can know that it's okay to express the pain you feel from what you've gone through and where people will understand because they've been through some form or other of abuse as well.

Sounds like you've got some wonderful interests and that you'll make a great addition to the membership here!

All strength to you,

Activist Ally

Welcome, Jemma :)

I am new here, too - (and another 'great pretender' !... but I have found it to be very supportive and helpful!

I wish you the same.

:hi:

- Hearme

Thank you!

I'm glad I finally joined here, it took a while for me to find the courage to do so.

:)

Jemma

I LOVE Harry Potter.

I have a 9 3/4 platform in my livingroom, at the moment - left over from a birthday party, a week ago, but it's not coming down until I am done playing with it!

Awesome. A Potterhead :)

I'm harry potter obsessed and I'm not even ashamed to admit it :)

That sounds awesome!

I'm currently re-reading the books :)