Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I'm new to the forum, unfortunately not to the subject matter.

I wasn't going to post so soon but that changed after I spent some time reading threads. I was touched not only because I could relate to the traumas the other members went through (and are going through now), but also because the posts put words to some of the feelings and emotions that I am not strong enough to face or comprehend yet.

It finally feels like some one understands. Somebody "gets it" even if I don't understand my own emotions and reactions. Knowing I'm not alone and I can turn here until my own voice becomes audible was so comforting that I began to cry in a, well, cathartic state.

I am so glad and thankful for everyone here. I've just begun my journey and I know it will be far from easy, but knowing I'm not alone anymore made everything a little better.

Welcome to After Silence!

I am relatively new myself to AS and am making beautiful connections here. I am so grateful to have found this site! There is much support here and many wonderful, strong and courageous people. I have many times felt very inspired and am feeling so much more hopeful. Also, I felt very alone and isolated before finding AS. I cannot say that I feel isolated any longer! :)

All the best to you on your healing journey!

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::supportu::notalone:

And, if ok:- :hug: (hug)

Josie

Welcome here, Catharsis,

I hope you find the healing and support you are searching for as you continue forward on your journey. Sorry for the reasons you have to be here - but you're right, people here "get it".

Hello Catharsis,

welcome to After Silence, my name is Paula and I am one of the newbie support team here. I'm glad you can see that this is an understanding place. I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help with anything, please let me know

take care, Paula

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found