Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Being Here...

alexia

Hello!First of all,I don´t speak english very well,so excuse if I write some things wrong . I´m 22 and i live in italy... I read some of the stories I and I just want to say that i´m relly weak,because I´m dealing with someting that can be compared with some of the other stories..I don´t remeber very well when it happen,but I probably was during 2/3years, when I was 10-11 years. It happens some times,in the summer. I remember that my grandpa touch me unnapropriatly , when what makes me fell worst I that somehow I like it..besides that, nothing more happen (thank God..),but it´s very dificult to accept.. at the time,i think i was feeling diferent things..i don´t know...Sometimes I ran out, others I just get closer to him.. Then I know that I forget everything ,and I lived a perfect life..( i dont know why i forget...it´s so strange..)..4 years ago, i start remembering and know I want to go to a therapist to solve this problem in my mind..

. Anyway, i´m here to help .anytime

welcome to AS :hi:

Glad to have you here! I think your English sounds just fine. :)

Thank you for sharing and being so open. I know what you mean about feeling bad because at times you liked the way your grandpa touched you. That is not your fault ! Our bodies are made to respond in certain ways and it is natural that if he was gentle, it felt good. You should not feel any guilt about that!! What he did to you was wrong. It has caused you damage and only he is to blame for that.

I am sorry for what you've been through. I hope you find the support you need here.

:hug::hug:

Becky

I suppose I´m luck in some way... i just want to know why i forget all these memories for such a long time (maybe, my brain was "protecting" me ...).Onde of the things that I think it´s unsual is that he never treat me,we never talk nothing about this subject..no even a word...Now that i´m a more mature person, i can define the "bounderies" in family relations..it´s diferent... despite all that, i don´t wish him bad luck...i just don´t understand him.... i think is a sick person...i really liked him...oh,then..sorry for such a long post...

bye*

Hey alexia,

Everything you have said is common. The brain does block out traumatic experiences as a protective measure. Then when you are at a point where it feels safe, sometimes those memories start to come back.

Hang in there and know we are here for you.

In Italian:

Benvenuta Alexia :hug:

il tuo inglese va benessimo, non preoccuparti.

Un abbraccio forte!

--------------------------

In English:

Welcome Alexia :hug:

your English is fine, don't worry.

Big Hug!

Alexia ~

There is no comparison on trauma... it is all bad! What happened to you is horrific and I am so very sorry. I understand why you want to seek out therapy, as mine has been amazing for me! I commend you for finding this site and knowing what happened was so very wrong. I am sorry for the pain that you feel and hope your healing has begun! I am here any time you want to talk... and can even try to learn a few Italian words. ;)

Please be patient through this process, as it is one that cannot be rushed.

My heart goes out to you at this time.

KM :hug:

Well,there is a little problem...I´m now living in italy ,but i´m from Brasil ;)...The best I can do is teach you some portuguese words,but it´s difficult :P ....

I guess this has afected me,but not in a sick way...I´m happy...I just need some answers....**

Hi alexia (I like your name :) ). Welcome to AS. As Vera said, your English is just fine. I understood what you were saying. :hug: Read and post as you need to. I know you will find others who understand and can offer insight on what you say. :hug:

Well,there is a little problem...I´m now living in italy ,but i´m from Brasil ;)

Ups, then you'll have to forgive me for the Pm I sent you... all in Italian :P

Welcome again :hug:

• 2 years later...

Hello... 3 years later.... well... Im still working... today i have therapy... I thought i was healed, but it was all a big lie.... Now trying to get up and fight...

kisses* youre an inspiration

I would like to live in the states to go to some reunions ...bad luck..:(