Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Newbie

Hi all;

I have struggled with depression for 25 years, and recently also diagnosed with anxiety. My grandmother died last summer and that started off a bad spiral that ended with me losing my job, and I've barely worked since then. I have a great new therapist and she helped me see that my unresolved sexual abuse history is contributing to my mental health problems. I've been working with her, working through the book "The Courage to Heal", and I'm ready to start telling my story.

I'm having a little trouble navigating the website. I signed up four days ago and got the first automated email, but I thought I saw something that said to expect another email from an administrator. Is that how it works? I just tried today and was surprised that I could log in.

I've read through some of the other welcomes and I'm excited to have found this community!

Hi Glugglugglug,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry about the trauma you have suffered and your current issues that stem from that trauma. Please know that you have found a very supportive site. You will find many understanding and kind members. I don't remember exactly how many emails I had gotten, when I first arrived, but do know that I just kinda looked around and observed at first, before jumping in. If you are having trouble with the site, you can contact one of the Newbie Support Team, who are very helpful. I do wish you well here on the site and wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi glug,

Welcome to AS. I'm afraid that I've been around here so long now that I can no longer remember what happens when you first set up your account. But I'd perhaps go with, if you can see all of the forums and not just the ones available to the public, plus you can log in - then you're all set up.

I'm sorry things haven't been going well for you recently. There are lots of people here to talk to though, and I'm really glad that you've found a supportive T.

As for navigating the boards - I shouldn't worry too much if you're not sure where to post something at first. We've all been there, there are a lot of boards. You can't access Chat and a couple of other boards until you've posted 10 times (for your own safety), and there are another couple of boards which need a password on top of this (again safety). But you'll find your way round soon enough I except.

See you around the boards,

Forest x

Hello Glugglu, welcome. You are not alone. I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault.

This group on-line is a good source of support. There is a lot of information you can read. I'm glad you are seeing a counsellor and working on that book.

How is your support system? Do you have family members and/or friends who are supportive? Pets?

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace.

Take care.

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu:

Hello Glugg

welcome to After Silence,

my name is Paula, and I am one of the newbie support team here. I hope you are finding your way around okay, if you need any help, please contact me or any member of the team

take care

Paula :aswelcomesu:

• 2 weeks later...